thirty bees forum

Page Width / Menu Size

Chris1d

On 10/13/2019 at 9:24 AM, Chris1d said:

Hi again everyone, 

Is there a way to increase the width of the page? Or how can I make it so all my categories fit on one line in the top menu? I've got one too many and its making it go onto a second line. 

This is for the transformer theme and PS 1.6 and it's a reply from the developer from two years ago. I pasted his advice and screenshots here, in the hopes that it can help or point you in the right direction. It fixed my problem but things may have changed this then.

1. Make sure the /modules/stthemeeditor/views/css/customer-s1.css file is writable. Try removing it by using a FTP client.

2. See attached screenshot, set the value of that setting to 12. It's in Modules and Services > stthemeeditor > Configure > Theme Editor > Scroll way down to Advanced Megamenu > main menu font size.

3. Clear your browser cache to see the change.

I hope this helps you.
Stephanie
alwayspaws.com

1-categories-drop-down-to-second-line.jpg

2-transformer-theme-how-keep-all-main-categories-on-one-line.jpg

On 10/13/2019 at 10:24 PM, Chris1d said:

Is there a way to increase the width of the page? Or how can I make it so all my categories fit on one line in the top menu? I've got one too many and its making it go onto a second line. 

The simple answer is "don't put all your categories there". What if you have more categories in the future? Just keep making it wider or the font smaller? There is a limit, and spreading all categories across the page isn't a good UX for the customer.

I'm not completely sure if the default Niara theme supports putting a drop-down menu on that main bar or not, but if it does then that is an option. If it doesn't then just putting one entry called "Products" or "Catalog" (or something else that you prefer...) and a link to the main top category from which customers can browse items. My main menu bar looks like this:

image.thumb.png.614c059bb2f6268834dd268511b5b787.png

It's still a work in progress and I may change & simplify it more. It does quickly get customers to different parts of the site though.