thirty bees forum

Bankwire Orders after cancel them, break the stock.

TobyMudito

Question

[Pre-conditions: Advanced Stock Management System activated]

Hi.

If you make an order using bank wire payment method, and you cancel it. You will see how the stock gets broken. Let's use an example:

Product: iphone black

Your warehouse contains:

• 5 x iphone black

The order contains:

• 1 x iphone black.

After the customer make the order, the current stock is 4 iphone black in your warehouse. Now, If in the back office, you cancel the order, the stock remains with 4 units, it doesn't reinject the iphone to the stock, and the order is cancelled.

In prestashop (It doesn't appear in ThirtyBees) you have a button called "Delete products" that at least (is a horrible solution) allows you to remove the products of the order and reinject the products to the stock. But, if you don't remove the product and you just cancel the order, the stock gets corrupted. The unit keeps blocked forever but the unit is completely available for others new orders.

For me, the solution of removing the product from the order is the worst possible solution, because the customer can't see what he ordered. Moreover, it forces you to be aware of the orders that you cancel and to delete product by product, what is very unproductive.

So, Is this a bug? Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards!!!

1 answer to this question

Ok. I found the problem. It's not a bug. The problem appears if you don't configure the email settings in the back office. In this case, when you cancel the order, a error message appear at the top: "Something went wrong or an email coudn't be sent to the customer".

I guess it happens because in the code there must be a die or break point if the script of the state change detects that the customer email coudn't be sent.

Regards.