thirty bees forum

Trouble with modules and hooks

benwiggy

Question

Long-time Prestashop user, just started on 30bees. I want to add the category block to the Home page. I know it's something to do with hooks and modules, but I can't find the relevant bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, any easy way to change the colours and fonts of the theme?

Thanks

4 answers to this question

3 hours ago, benwiggy said:

Long-time Prestashop user, just started on 30bees. I want to add the category block to the Home page. I know it's something to do with hooks and modules, but I can't find the relevant bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

blockcategories is installed by default i think, so you just have to show left blocks on the index page?  Goto BO>Preferences>Themes>Advanced Settings and change were you want the left block displayed.  Then using BO>Modules & Services>Postions and change the position of blockcategories in displayLeftColumn

3 hours ago, benwiggy said:

Also, any easy way to change the colours and fonts of the theme?

edit the .css files directly, or edit the .sass files and re-compile the theme.  There is a module coming up that will let you do the things you would like, but it's not ready for primetime yet.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, SLiCK_303 said:

Then using BO>Modules & Services>Postions and change the position of blockcategories in displayLeftColumn

Thanks. Block Categories is at the top of the displayLeftColumn, but it's not displaying on the Home page. I tried transplanting Categories to Home, but Home isn't in the drop-down list. 
And I can't see how to remove 'index' from the Exceptions.