thirty bees forum

Thank you!

braffas

I just wanted to say thank you to the 30bz team. I was thrilled when i first learned about the project 2 weeks ago, and now our shop has finally migrated to 30bz :)

The migration gave me no problems with the modules i wrote myself, and only minor problems with some of the modules i purchased.

We ship about 250 orders each days, and we got around 200k products in the database, and i must say, 30bz runs like a dream!

So thank you so much for turning this project in the right direction. Keep up the good work!

Production server is a dedicated box with 64gb / E5-1650

Running: Debian 8 / Apache 2.4 / PHP 5.6 (FPM) / Mariadb 10.1 / Redis 3.2.9

The shop also runs fine with the same setup on a 2gb Vagrant box (what i use for development).

I had to do overrides to some core classes and tweak some modules to make it work with 200k products. Mostly limits to ajax calls / pagination (back office)

One thing i had to change after migrating to 30bz was the way that supplier and manufacturer rewrites are handled. That slowed down the site quite a bit (on those pages). i will post the change i made when i get back to work, since it may be useful for someone else with 40k+ manufactures / suppliers.

@mdekker

It's mainly the database lookup (this call getManufacturers) i fixed it by adding cache to the lookup in these 2 methods (below)

I delete the all cache every morning after our automatic updates. But one could delete the rewrites from cache on the manufacturer / supplier update/add hooks

Another solution (probably better for compatibility) would adding the rewrite directly to the the manufacturer/supplier tables. (maybe in a future 30bz update? :))

Original versions (in Dispatcher.php)

protected function supplierID($rewrite)
{
    // Rewrite cannot be empty
    if (empty($rewrite)) {
        return 0;
    }

$context = Context::getContext();

$suppliers = Supplier::getSuppliers(false, $context->language->id, true);
    foreach ($suppliers as $supplier) {
        if (Tools::link_rewrite($supplier['name']) === $rewrite) {
            return (int) $supplier['id_supplier'];
        }
    }

return 0;
}

protected function manufacturerID($rewrite)
{
    // Rewrite cannot be empty
    if (empty($rewrite)) {
        return 0;
    }

$manufacturers = Manufacturer::getManufacturers(false, $context->language->id, true);
    foreach ($manufacturers as $manufacturer) {
        if (Tools::link_rewrite($manufacturer['name']) === $rewrite) {
            return (int) $manufacturer['id_manufacturer'];
        }
    }

return 0;
}

My overrides with cache. Speed increase ~3 sec to ~0.90

protected function manufacturerID($rewrite)
{
    if (empty($rewrite)) {
        return 0;
    }
    if (!$manufacturer_rewrites = Cache::getInstance()->get('manufacturer_rewrites')) {
        $manufacturers = Manufacturer::getManufacturers(false, $context->language->id, true);
        foreach ($manufacturers as $manufacturer) {
            $manufacturer_rewrites[Tools::link_rewrite($manufacturer['name'])] = $manufacturer['id_manufacturer'];
        }
        Cache::getInstance()->set("manufacturer_rewrites", $manufacturer_rewrites, 86400);
    }
    $id_manufacturer = (int)$manufacturer_rewrites[$rewrite];
    return $id_manufacturer;
}

protected function supplierID($rewrite)
{
    if (empty($rewrite)) {
        return 0;
    }
    if (!$supplier_rewrites = Cache::getInstance()->get('supplier_rewrites')) {
        $suppliers = Supplier::getSuppliers(false, $context->language->id, true);
        foreach ($suppliers as $supplier) {
            $supplier_rewrites[Tools::link_rewrite($supplier['name'])] = $supplier['id_supplier'];
        }
        Cache::getInstance()->set("supplier_rewrites", $supplier_rewrites, 86400);
    }
    $id_supplier = (int)$supplier_rewrites[$rewrite];
    return $id_supplier;
}