thirty bees forum

theme export issue

SLiCK_303

Question

Using 1.1.x BE as of this writing, when you export a theme, any theme I imagine, but I used niara as an example, the hooks for modules often get duplicated.  This is my config.xml file the system just created, and if you goto the hook info, on some modules, especially 3rd party modules, but also on tb modules, you will see this.

config.xml

5 answers to this question

So now its not creating doubles, and took out all the other hooks you didnt want in there.  However now it doesnt have any image info or lazy load, high dpi, or webp in it.  Is that what you intended?

edit: hmmm, on one test site it working fine, on my live site its not.  I'll get back to you on that.

edit2: ok so its not exporting my image info on my current theme for whatever reason, on my test site it exports the image info fine.  its still not doing the other image stuff...

gr.PNG.18c76b93230d9c6715fafb8435368cde.PNG

edit3: so maybe those arent needed anymore on a per/theme basis because of these settings?... Or do those show up BECAUSE of those setting in the config.xml file?

gr.PNG.e98bd938456270d1aa0a940e0278ce64.PNG

Edited by SLiCK_303

48 minutes ago, SLiCK_303 said:

I would think ideally that the config.xml file in the themes folder, would look exactly like the exported themes config.xml file. Except for any modules that were installed...

I don't agree. The export functionality should export theme with the current settings. How it looks now, not how it looked at the time when you installed it.

Example:

You define new product image type named 'homepage-featured-product'. Then you modified index.tpl file and displayed your featured product using this new image type. Now, when you export the theme, you want config.xml to contain this new image type. Otherwise the featured product would not be displayed correctly. The same applies to hook positions, installed modules, etc. 

This is ideal tool for transfering your work/modifications from one environment to another, say from your staging server to production one.

6 minutes ago, datakick said:

I don't agree. The export functionality should export theme with the current settings. How it looks now, not how it looked at the time when you installed it.

I mean if I just installed the theme, virgin, then turn around and do an export, the two files should be the same ideally...