thirty bees forum

Prestashop admin login loop

t4Chippy

Question

Hi Guys, I'm slowly running out of hair to pull so thought I'd ask on here as you guys have been great for help in the past. 

I'm building a new website and switching it over from the very cumbersome Expression engine site built by an old friend. Another friend and I who hosts my sites created a /new folder in the public html and installed thirtybees. I'm using a theme called Niara and have installed a few prestashop modules bought from the prestashop modules website and they have tweaked them slightly to run on TB. After testing all the scenarios I was finally ready to move it over which is when I started getting the problems.

So, I seem to have what seems to be the old "Prestashop admin login loop" and I've spent the best part of a week trying to identify what the exact problem is. I've tried lots of suggestions already like, different browser, clearing cookies, clearing the cache including smarty via FTP,  re-loading the htaccess file, Resetting file permissions (directories 755 files 644 and htaccess 666) but I'm still having problems and so is my friend. Now, here's the twist, I can log in on my work computer? but not on my laptop next to it with the same IP?

WHAT WE YOU DOING AT THE TIME. 

Well everything was going fine and i started to get a blank white screen when saving anything in the BO. I could return to the site by clicking on my browser tab but everytime i saved something, white page. this went on for a day or so and then all of a sudden I noticed the favicon dissappear and the login loop started. The last thing i remember doing was changing the URL of my browser link to https instead of http as it's SSL enabled. 

WHAT ERROR ARE YOU GETTING

Caught redirection to index.php?controller=AdminLogin&token=182ebc5253af6125f755d5291df9b16dI click on the link which beings up the login page, Login and it goes straight back to this error. 

Has anyone got any suggestions or pointers as I'm at a loss of what to do.

I have FTP access at home, and can log in to the BO at work and happy to poke around to answer questions.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by t4Chippy

4 answers to this question

Your story leaves me puzzled in several ways:

- if you have a problem you start with what you have. In this case there were blank screens. That is how php errors usually look with debug mode off. But you can look in the error log of the server.

- you are talking about an error. But the point of the "admin login loop" is that there is no error. If your password was correct you don't get any error message at all: you are just redirected to the login page. But as you don't describe your "error" we are left in the dark here.

- the first suspects with problems are always third party modules and overrides. You can switch them off in the backoffice.

Hi there, thanks for the reply. 

I think the blank screens when saving was a PHP limit issue but i can't be sure, it all seemed to happen within 24 hours so we upped the limit just in case. 

It's probably my wording that's confusing you, when I say error I mean not working as it should, there are no errors on the server logs.

We've only installed 3 additional modules on this very small website (only has 5 products) and after disabling all three it's still looping. Odd that it seems fine on the work PC and no-where else though?

We've one restore point to try at the moment but failing that i think the only way forward is staring again. Not the end of the world but just a bit frustrating 🙂

1 hour ago, t4Chippy said:

Hi there, thanks for the reply. 

I think the blank screens when saving was a PHP limit issue but i can't be sure, it all seemed to happen within 24 hours so we upped the limit just in case. 

It's probably my wording that's confusing you, when I say error I mean not working as it should, there are no errors on the server logs.

We've only installed 3 additional modules on this very small website (only has 5 products) and after disabling all three it's still looping. Odd that it seems fine on the work PC and no-where else though?

We've one restore point to try at the moment but failing that i think the only way forward is staring again. Not the end of the world but just a bit frustrating 🙂

My experience is that webshops tend to recover spontaneously from the problem after a week or two. 

The internet is full of ideas what can be done: disable mod_security setting, change some settings in configuration table (PS_COOKIE_LIFETIME_BO,PS_COOKIE_CHECKIP,"PS_CIPHER_ALGORITHM"), check  ps_shop_url, make changes in ps_advice table, change theme, switch off multiviews. The Prestashop forum is full of ideas. Just search and experiment.

• Like 1