thirty bees forum

error 500 clean install

vzex

Question

/install/ directory gives error 500

config/defines.inc.php changed to true same generic error page

permissions set 0775 and 0664 for files after webservice

PHP Version 5.5.37

Wanted a fresh clean install after database backup upload took down front and BO

I've installed prestashop manually several times without issues so not sure where my problem is with TB

Using hostgator but their shared business account does not have softaculous only quick install

12 answers to this question

File was downloaded from thrtybees earlier today Seems it was a file permission error for install/index.php it was 0664 instead of 0644

I'm able to access the install page now will continue install later

Thanks!

Hm...

Installed okay now the admin page is 500 error but the store I can access. More permission errors? Not sure why they are changing though?

Is there a list of all the file permissions to check?

So glad I found thirtybees!

Thanks! With PS seemed I was searching for ways to neuter all the distractions rather than improve the site!

Huge thank you to those who formed this project! I'd love to see it stay simple,

I had to start with a fresh install since the TB default template had issues for me. It never installed properly during migration but it showed up in translations to choose between the two.

@vzex said in error 500 clean install:

So glad I found thirtybees!

Thanks! With PS seemed I was searching for ways to neuter all the distractions rather than improve the site!

Huge thank you to those who formed this project! I'd love to see it stay simple,

I had to start with a fresh install since the TB default template had issues for me. It never installed properly during migration but it showed up in translations to choose between the two.

@vzex We're very pleased you are here and am glad you voiced what many (most? all?) of us think!

I’m having a similar error 500 problem when trying to install thirty bees. When clicking “Next” on the “store information” install page, i receive this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class ‘Validate’ not found in /var/“DOMAINNAME”/install/controllers/http/configure.php:118 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/DOMAINNAME/install/classes/controllerHttp.php(182): InstallControllerHttpConfigure->validate() #1 /var/www/DOMAINNAME/install/trystart.php(34): InstallControllerHttp::execute() #2 /var/www/DOMAINNAME/install/index.php(56): require_once(’/var/www/DOMAINNAME…’) #3 {main} thrown in /var/www/DOMAINNAME/install/controllers/http/configure.php on line 118

Anyone have a solution for the problem?

@alwayspaws Hello, I am having exactly the same problem - Shared Server on Hostgator 500 Error; please advice. I extracted the zip file on Cpanel to the public_html/ folder; unable to install. I've checked all the file permissions there is to check. None is working. Thanks for a speedy feedback.

@mdekker
@alwayspaws Hello, I am having exactly the same problem - Shared Server on Hostgator 500 Error; please advice. I extracted the zip file on Cpanel to the public_html/ folder; unable to install. I’ve checked all the file permissions there is to check. None is working. Thanks for a speedy feedback.

Hi @Nelson hostgator user here...

Most of my roadblocks had to do with hostgator permissions. I had that problem several times!

Permissions that worked for me: 755 for 775 and 644 for 664

Even though you said you checked permission go through all the folders, I had a bunch to change not just top directories.

The struggle was worth it though!