thirty bees forum

Have I missed anything

The Pellet Guy

Question

After I got hacked my main business webshop which is based on Presta 1.6.1.24 was trashed after many days trying to fix it and lots of help from you guys i got it back live  but it had problems it was working to the point all the retail stores I run had the ability to operate ok via POS which was a massive help obviously we all need income but it was running with a major online issue, customers could not order online via a mobile device as the cart was missing (fine on a desktop)  I tried many reccomendations to fix the issue I have exhaused all backups  trying to fix  and decided to build a fresh cart with Bees.

Bees is benching faster its easier for me to manipulate to look how i want it too it, was a project in the pipeline anyway just didnt want to be forced into it.

What I have done so far

Installed Bees  to website.co.uk/shop  

Existing website is website.com/shop

Migrated using migration pro  this took a long time  200,000 orders  23,000 customers  and 1500,00 products  it stalled a few times but always picked up where it left off 

Checked data and images (all seem fine) 

Checked all orders  (all seem fine)  some of the stats are blank im guessing one or two stats modules need enabling

Checked customers  ( there are password issues )  not sure how to fix this yet but have a set of dummy logins I use to check things and make test purchases etc  and it failed,  had to reset passwords this could be a problem for the other 23,000  customers  I have left the MPro module switched on as I see it requires this for passwords, I will have to look at this later, 

Checked paypal is working (all good so far)

Checked mobile users have a cart once adding a product (all works fine)

Installed my POS this seems to be running fine a few missing images I need to work on that and no amount of regenerating the thumbnails  works on this instance, im guessing a module issue or maybe image type  I will fix that later.

Checked search function  and its doing exactly as it is supposed to  and very quick too

I have adapted the site got most of my modules working and im nearly finished asthetically,  just a few bits go and a little more testing

This is the part im a little confused on

my plan is during a slow period (after midnight on a weekday) run MigrationPro once more to update the latest orders and customers

Put the live site into maintenace Mode

Rename the current live site site old on the server

Transfer the entire .co.uk Bees site (shop folder) over to the .com folder on the server

Rename the new Bees store URLs to .com from .co.uk from the multistore tab (3 shops)

Im guessing I have to regenerate the access file and robots file too

Is there anything else I need to think about during this transistion?, is it as simple as that for the SEO's  do all the internal URL's for each product automatically gain the .com extension once I change the main URL? and will google essentually pick up where it left off with my ratings.

Sorry if this post looks a bit newby  but im on a huge learning curve with all this, I have learnt bundles so far and its actually been quite interesting and has expanded my knowledge no end but often fall over on what im sure you guys find the simplest of tasks.

Regards

Paul

3 answers to this question

On 9/20/2020 at 9:22 AM, The Pellet Guy said:

Is there anything else I need to think about during this transistion?, is it as simple as that for the SEO's  do all the internal URL's for each product automatically gain the .com extension once I change the main URL? and will google essentually pick up where it left off with my ratings.

Hello. Good to hear that you could get your shop again with the Bees :)

About URLs, you should check this:

Good luck!

• Like 1