thirty bees forum

CSV import Proprety Product->name is not valid

AlexLopatenco

Question

Hi.

I've had this issue for a long time, but it seemed to be inconsistent and I couldn't get a grip on where exactly the problem is...

Trying to upload a CSV file with products, but on "Checking products" - Thirtybees gives me this error

Proprety Product->name is not valid

Yes, I'm using ^ as field separator, but this did not give me any issue ever. Over 40000 products uploaded with csv, so I have some experience and I've made my fair share of mistakes and corrected them.

What I've tried with this particular example:

• Checked the Character set of the file (Unicode UTF-8). I'm  using Libre Office to manipulate and save my .csv files
  • Checked for illegal characters in the name ( ^<>;=#{} )
  • Checked for illegal characters in the whole file
  • Checked for hidden characters like "unbreaking space"
  • Tried importing only the first 3 columns
  • Tried importing ONLY the first 3 columns (Product ID^Active (0/1)^Name)
  • Tried renaming products and importing only 3 columns
  • Tried rebooting my virtual server (I have a local virtual server, that I'm doing all the tests. It's pretty much a mirror copy of the live server that's online)

I'm at a loss... The biggest problem is that in the beginning This file gave me the same error but to other products and the products (that gave me errors) changed after I've rebooted my local server... 

I'm attaching the file with the problem and a screenshot with the parameters I'm using.

PHP version - 7.2
All the recommended php extensions are installed

Server and CMS Parameters.JPG

Error on csv import.JPG

accent-telefoane26.01_toUpload_ps-2.csv

9 answers to this question

My TB version is thirty bees version: 1.1.0

I believe we don't have any modifications, except some modifications to email module (to show the supplier ID in the sent email to the manager), and some installed modules, but all of the installed modules are not linked to the product import ("payment" module, "background" module, a theme with it's modules)...

But I've tried to Disable all overrides and Disable non thirty bees modules... nothing helped...

44 minutes ago, datakick said:

I have no problems importing the file. Do you have any modification to the tb? What version of tb are you using? Do you have any overrides for Product?

Thank you for your response. If your import went without any problems, this should mean that the problem is somewhere on our side... 
I must find a way to repeat this problem with a fresh install or find a way to get rig of the error on our hosting.. considering that I have this error on our hosting AND on my local server (that is a exact copy)... this mean that the problem is somewhere in the configuration...

2 minutes ago, datakick said:

Yeah, import works for me just fine:

image.png.4c48d4658ea15fd0517b88dcfff9e40c.png

There must be some bug, modification, override, or whatnot in your system. Once again, I strongly recommend update to 1.1.x

I have the 1.1.0 version currently. I'll figure something out. Will have to hire a developer that will be able to find the problem and after that I'll think how to resolve (I don't blindly trust developers anymore)

Thank you very much for your answer. I thought that there's a problem with the file, but I understand, that the problem is in the configuration/override somewhere and not with the file...

5 minutes ago, AlexLopatenco said:

I have the 1.1.0 version currently. I'll figure something out. Will have to hire a developer that will be able to find the problem and after that I'll think how to resolve (I don't blindly trust developers anymore)

Thank you very much for your answer. I thought that there's a problem with the file, but I understand, that the problem is in the configuration/override somewhere and not with the file...

Sure. These kind of issues are exactly the reason why everyone should have staging server (copy of production) to play with. You could update staging server to 1.1.x (matter of seconds) and you would be able to tell immediately whether it resolved the problem or not. And it would, I'm pretty sure.

So I finally found the solution. It was indeed in the server's settings. 
Had some help, but had to change the settings in the file

/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/fcgid.conf

The settings inside the file had to be changed to 

<IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
  FcgidConnectTimeout 600
  FcgidMaxRequestLen 134217728
  IPCCommTimeout 600
  FcgidProcessLifeTime 600
  <IfModule mod_mime.c>
    AddHandler fcgid-script .fcgi
  </IfModule>
  FcgidConnectTimeout 3600
  FcgidIOTimeout 3600
  FcgidBusyTimeout 3600
</IfModule>

This line had the problem "FcgidMaxRequestLen". It had to be changed to a greater number, because the default was quite small.
Thank you to everyone that got involved!

• Like 1