thirty bees forum

Panda Theme Demo 7 ?#@*&%! & TB 1.2.0

Billy

Question

What I have I got myself into? This panda theme is a mess! I can't even figure out how to place the categories menu on the front page more or less the logo. lmao

Here is the useless video from 150 years ago. Sheesh... Nothing is where it's supposed to be anymore. This is from PS1.4 or maybe PS1.5...

3 answers to this question

12 hours ago, 30knees said:

Look at the modules: Theme Editor and Megamenu.

Thank you for the tips 30!

I have the main logo sorted now. I gave up on the vertical megamenu after I figured out how to use it with that sorry video. I just unhooked it and used the stock thirty bees category menu. I'm not sitting there and adding every url to that thing. I like the auto features of the native thirty bees categories menu.

On to the next nightmare...

Edited by Script-Fu

On 8/30/2021 at 1:04 AM, Billy said:

Thank you for the tips 30!

I have the main logo sorted now. I gave up on the vertical megamenu after I figured out how to use it with that sorry video. I just unhooked it and used the stock thirty bees category menu. I'm not sitting there and adding every url to that thing. I like the auto features of the native thirty bees categories menu.

On to the next nightmare...

Actually, the Panda MegaMenu will auto add if you set it up correctly. That said, I'm looking to move away from Panda because of the changes they made in the TB compatible codebase. I attempted a migration on one of my sites that has about 16k products in the catalog and which has a custom front-end that you would not recognize as a Prestashop based store (the possibilities with Panda in this regard are almost limitless)... After nearly a week of just rooting out the css element changes they made, the images still would not display correctly because of their "mobile first" modifications (I believe). I also discovered they are coding to a license server model, and while it is possible to remove that, why would I? It only means there will never be support for MY code version... So I've cut my losses and am crossing my fingers with the hope that someone will come out with a "Panda" similar theme that won't lock me down like Sunnytoo has.

Oh yeah, about that "support" and "lifetime license" ... A Panda "lifetime" license is only good as long as you don't have to upgrade... which in this sphere is about 2-5 years depending on where you started. And about that support . . . Sunnytoo wanted to charge me to fix what they changed in the code that would not allow me to migrate what I have directly over to the new version. I don't know whether this was by design or simply because they have no regard for the thousands of websites that use the previous Panda implementation to cusomize the presenation layer of their websites - Caveat emptor.