thirty bees forum

cPanel Cron is this as simple as adding wget in front of the URL?

Billy

Question

So I took my site live today from localhost aka wamp. I have cloned it over to another domain and have the website in maintenance mode. 

I started working on the "Block Layered Navigation Module v3.1.0 - by thirty bees"I am on a cPanel VPS and just wanted to make sure I'm setting this up properly. So do you just copy and paste the three URL's into Cron Jobs within cPanel and just add "wget" in front of the url?

I do have all three URL's inside the Block Layered module staggered by an hour within cPanel cron for every day at 12am, 1am & 2am

Is this going to work?

TIA

54597637_Screenshot(2643).thumb.png.825877ba410fe259373f8d651935cbc6.png

Edited by Script-Fu

3 answers to this question

I use like this, i think the bits after the wget stop emails or logs being created each and eveyr time the cron is run - I also add the inverted commas  around the URL as the ? in the link can cause problems

wget -O /dev/null "http:///modules/amazon/functions/status.php?cron_token=262e5bc7e0834306a4fa63f17aceb79c&context_key=&cron=1&lang=nl&europe=1"

2 hours ago, haylau said:

I use like this, i think the bits after the wget stop emails or logs being created each and eveyr time the cron is run - I also add the inverted commas  around the URL as the ? in the link can cause problems

wget -O /dev/null "http:///modules/amazon/functions/status.php?cron_token=262e5bc7e0834306a4fa63f17aceb79c&context_key=&cron=1&lang=nl&europe=1"

@haylau thank you for this awesome answer! Let me try it this way as my way didn't work last night that I can tell...

_Best Billy

Just to be complete I wanted to circle back with some more details. As I did not get any emails from last nights cron jobs. I just checked the Block layered on my categories page and did not see any changes from yesterday.

So I reset them based on @haylau post. Lets see if I get all three emails this morning at 10am.

1490475146_Screenshot(2655).thumb.png.8d41ab59bf143acde45dd91c1b408682.png1071542049_Screenshot(2656).thumb.png.8c4ded8fd7073780d1ab1dd8c10c2335.png