thirty bees forum

bug report on git

smarterweb

Question

So I found a bug, created an issue in git and it gets zero attention for the last 4 days. Last time I was told to report bugs there rather than here in the forum.

I'm confused and want to help make TB bug free (not that there is such a thing...) but hey.

So with upcoming V 1.3 where do we see progress and development if not in git? I see little activity there. 

2 answers to this question

The point of Github is that it is the work stack for the development of the software. So it is good to add clear bugs there.

Whether you also post it on the forum I would make that dependent on whether it is of interest there. Will it help other people to be aware of a problem or is it too obscure? And might they have suggestions for a work-around?

In most projects you will get a message like "thank you for the report. we will look at it" after a Github report. But the actual fix almost always takes much longer. It is a pity that you didn't get such a message now. But that doesn't mean that the issue will be ignored. 

15 hours ago, smarterweb said:

So I found a bug, created an issue in git and it gets zero attention for the last 4 days. Last time I was told to report bugs there rather than here in the forum.

I'm confused and want to help make TB bug free (not that there is such a thing...) but hey.

So with upcoming V 1.3 where do we see progress and development if not in git? I see little activity there. 

All bugs will be considered when their time comes.

At the moment there's push for 1.3 and I doubt non-blocker bugs will be considered in it.