thirty bees forum

Clicking on product takes straight to empty cart

Kevin13952

Question

3 answers to this question

11 hours ago, Kevin13952 said:

When I click on any of my products, it doesn't bring up the product. Instead it takes me to "quick order" and says my cart is empty.

I'm not adding to the cart. I'm simply trying to pull up the item to view.

HELP!

URL to test?

What theme are you using?

Has it never worked, or just stopped working?

Recent changes / modules installed etc ?

Edited by haylau

I imported my products using the TB CVS import. And I simply copy/pasted all of the product settings from the first product down to all of the other products before importing them. So the first product was my template for all of the rest of the products..

The odd thing is that the first product was the only one that was reacting this way. The rest of the products performed normally.

So if the first product was the template, and it resulted in this error performance, the rest should have also. But the reverse was actually occuring.

I ended up deleting the first product and manually creating in the admin. ANd it worked perfectly.

As a side note: I have two websites. One is for testing and one is for production. They are both on the same host, same server, same settings, etc. Yet when I import a CSV in the testing site, it imports with no errors. But importing into the production site and I get errors and have to reduce the CSV into smaller chunks, even though I'm only imporintg 24 products.

Very 'buggy'.

21 hours ago, Kevin13952 said:

I imported my products using the TB CVS import. And I simply copy/pasted all of the product settings from the first product down to all of the other products before importing them. So the first product was my template for all of the rest of the products..

The odd thing is that the first product was the only one that was reacting this way. The rest of the products performed normally.

So if the first product was the template, and it resulted in this error performance, the rest should have also. But the reverse was actually occuring.

I ended up deleting the first product and manually creating in the admin. ANd it worked perfectly.

As a side note: I have two websites. One is for testing and one is for production. They are both on the same host, same server, same settings, etc. Yet when I import a CSV in the testing site, it imports with no errors. But importing into the production site and I get errors and have to reduce the CSV into smaller chunks, even though I'm only imporintg 24 products.

Very 'buggy'.

Your report left me with lots of questions:

- your first post mentions going to quick order. That suggests that the links go to "quick_order", that you can see that when you move your mouse over the links and the link_rewrite field is filled with "quick_order". Of course that raises the question what value your csv import file had for that field.

- you say that "importing into the production site and I get errors". Which errors