thirty bees forum

Migration Error, please help, I'd love to migrate

Purity

Question

Hi, I'd love to migrate due to the numerous issues I am having with prestashop...and I really like what you guys are doing with this project.

Anyways, I try to migrate and it says [Ajax / Server Error for action unzip] textStatus: "error " errorThrown:" " jqXHR: " "

How do I proceed?

6 answers to this question

That error message is just a notification that something went wrong on the server.

Do you have access to the server-side PHP log and can show us what was logged there?

If this doesn´t make sense, perhaps ask your hosting provider how to see the PHP log?

@Traumflug said in Migration Error, please help, I'd love to migrate:

"I try to migrate" is pretty broad. Could you elaborate on which steps exactly you did?

In case you didn't find it yet, here's an instructional video: https://forum.thirtybees.com/topic/357/tutorial-how-to-migrate-from-ps-1-6-to-thirty-bees

My apologies for my lack of clarity. Thank you, I did actually watch that video and that is the module I tried to use to migrate. The only steps I took was to turn off cache, turn off cloudflare, take the steps provided, and use the migration module, which is what gave me that error.

Most likely it´s a filesystem permission issue. The migration module should of course have given a more specific error message. The server-side logs might help us find the underlying problem. This also makes it easier to improve the migration module.

@roband7

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I'm only mildly technical. I do understand what a PHP log is but I am actually unable to locate one and while I sort of understand how to read one, I am unsure how to force it to start creating them.

I am on bad godaddy shared cpanel hosting so maybe I'll have to call them and ask.