thirty bees forum

New 1.3 installation repeatedly asks for admin password

dakershaffer

Question

I managed to install 'thirtybees' on my vps, with the only warning being shown being the PayPal security issue mentioned elsewhere as ~ignorable [TLS 1.2 tested ok] (though it had to upgrade a number of files in my PHP 7.3 install (now PHP 7.3.31-1~deb10u1) to add php-bcmath & php-zip) ... Demo web store seems to be working to the extent tested so far..

However, after it gave me the admin URL, and I disabled the 'install', it now asks me for the admin password repeatedly, most every time I select anything noteworthy in the admin area... most of the time it'll take me to that section after re-entering the password (though it apparently fails to install modules that way). [!!??]

Tried using alternative browsers, restarting server, to no avail...

How to fix, I wonder?

Edited by dakershaffer

4 answers to this question

Hmm... although my server has a hard IP address, apparently something betwixt it & my clients at this locale may be changing.

I appear to have fixed the multx requesting password issue by turning off the Administration->Preference->'Check the cookie's IP address'

First found by me here: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/213049-solution-for-admin-login-problem/

Hmm... I improved things somewhat by aligning the site url & paths in '/sites-enabled/thirtybees.conf' to be in-line with the extant base site url & paths (no fancy stuff w/wildcard domain aliases), however it still is asking for the admin password the first time I click on most of the back-end admin menu items on the left, and randomly will still pop up & ask for the password again... The modules item is still the most finicky; I got it to install the 'PayPal' module by trying it multiple times (and 'configure' of it works 1 in 5 or so times), but the test button on that page claims that I don't have TLS 1.2 even though a 3rd party PHP script that calls 'curl' on https://www.howsmyssl.com/a/check indicates that my system is using 1.3 (!?); and further doesn't seem to want to save any of the PayPal module's options...

I generally followed this site's instructions to install in extant apache2 & mysql config: https://www.linuxcloudvps.com/blog/install-thirty-bees-on-ubuntu-16-04/

David

Those 'answers's don't seem to fix my issue(s):

My Safari 15.1 installation already was allowing 'cookies'; my FireFox 94.0.2 only had blocking 'cross-site' cookies on : if I explicitly allow all cookies on my site via 'exception', no change.

If I turn on _PS_MODE_DEV_ and _PS_DEBUG_SQL_, the message in browser indicates that at those times it's asking for a password, it "Caught redirection" i.e. " to index.php?controller=AdminLogin&token=4817c692229755aed667df51416af263&redirect=AdminModules".  Those times when a password isn't asked for, no redirection message is shown.

FWIW, It seems to be somewhat more successful in avoiding asking for a password if I wait for several seconds+ before clicking on another link...

David