thirty bees forum

Core updater warns about modified files which are not modified - updating modules I often get success message but the module still appears to be not updated

Raymond

Hello

On TB1.3 I wanted to check for updates, I got a warning about the following allegedly modified files:

• cache/cachefs/index.php
  • config/defines.inc.php
  • themes/community-theme-default/order-address-advanced.tpl
  • upload/.htaccess

I compared the files with those found in the thirtybees-v1.3.0.zip file downloaded form TB website, and they are all identical

Why is this happening?

-----------------------

Another thing I noticed

In the modules page when is the case one get a warning message showing a list of modules for which a new version is updated.

Clicking on a module name in the list the module is shown in the lower right panel and can be updated clicking the button on the right, clicking this button the system seems to update it and give back a success message, but the button on the right is still shown as "update" button and not "configure" as expected.

Clicking it again the same happens, apparently the module is updated and the success message is given but will still appear as a module to be updated.

Clicking on the other modules to be updated the same thing happens, apparently is updated, you get success message and then appears as if the update was not done, so to be updated again.

Insisting in doing this with all the other modules it might happen that some of the previously updated modules finally do result to be effectively updated, some do not anyway...

At that point I thought to clear the cache, I thus opened the performance page, and noticed that on this installation I did not even activate the cache, I cleared the cache anyway, returned to the modules page, updated the modules still in the list and finally I could update them one by one.

On another installation of TB1.3 I noticed the same phenomenon, the only difference in that case was that I had the cache activated, for the rest I noticed more less the same behaviour.

In another occasion in TB 1.3 it happened that after trying to update and getting the same rssults as said above I had other things to do and I got back on it after some time, somewhat a couple of hours later, well, after that time I refreshed the page and the list of modules to be updated changed.... some were at that point considered updated, others still not... however re-updating those left marked as not updated resulted in having them all updated at first try...

This makes me wonder, I do not understand this odd behaviour, cache activated or not clearing the cache might solve the glitch, but also waiting some time might solve the glitch, sometimes works straight away, some other times not...

What can cause this strange thing?

Thank you

Hi

About the first issue, I noticed that just updating the core updater fix that and doing new checks displays not errors, I wondered tough why files which are identical to the original ones are detected as modified even though were never edited.

About the second issue, as I wrote that behaviour occurs even when the cache is disabled, and even if disabled for instance clearing it solves the problem, hard to tell why tough.