thirty bees forum

Paypal module (with new API app) not working after cloning site

holybladder

Question

I cloned my Thirty Bees instance to a new domain, updated all the shop information and created a new clean Paypal API app, but the Paypal module on the new site won't connect - see screenshot. First time Plus and Checkout did show as active with just Standard missing, but after a couple of retries all three are showing as missing. I've removed and reinstalled the Paypal module twice and recreated the API app six or seven times with different names, and I've very carefully checked the Client ID and Secret for whitespace or errors, even copy pasted both into a text file to check alongside each other.

Paypal support say:

After further review I am not seeing any issues with the Client IDs you provided, or with your PayPal account. Please make sure on the new integration that you did not add any additional white space when pasting the Client ID and Secret. If this is not the case, you will then want to reach out to thirty bees support so they can check why the error is being generated since you are using a different Client ID.  

Screenshot from 2022-10-21 09-18-37.png

7 answers to this question

Datakick kindly provided a solution, if this happens to anyone else please see the following:

Try edit file modules/paypal/classes/PayPalRestApi.php and change line ~599 from

$name = "thirtybees_{$shop_id}_{$type_id}_v2";

to

$name = "thirtybees_{$shop_id}_{$type_id}_v3";

7 hours ago, e-com said:

I created new REST API apps: https://developer.paypal.com/
In configuration of module, I entered new CLIENT ID and SECRET keys.
And module communicates correctly with paypal API.
And for sandbox environment, do you also have an error?

Zaznaczenie_229.png

Hi, if you look above you'll see I've posted the solution to the problem, which was provided by the module maker. Thank you for your help though!