thirty bees forum

Homslider problem after latest update

tomek

Question

I created a new shop and set Homeslider module up yesterday and it worked flawlessly. Last night I got an info about the module update (to v2.1.0), so I let the tb update the module. Today the images are corrupted and the slider does not work properly. I cleared the cache, uninstalled the module, cleared the cache, installed it back and still have the same problem as seen in the attached screenshot. 

I tried with different extensions (jpg, png) and it doesn't even work with the original, sample photos. Any ideas what might be the problem?

Thirty Bees 1.4.0, PHP 8.1

2022_12_13-2005-homeslider_problem.png

Edited by tomek

3 answers to this question

niara theme (and probably others) has its own override for homeslider template that tries to pick images from /modules/homeslider/images/ directory.

You need to update this override template in niara theme:

/themes/niara/modules/homeslider/homeslider.tpl

changes are described here:

https://github.com/thirtybees/niara/commit/15e5338e628fca184a339d6cde66c961bfeb8169

or simply download this version and use it to replace the one in your theme: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thirtybees/niara/15e5338e628fca184a339d6cde66c961bfeb8169/modules/homeslider/homeslider.tpl

• Like 1

I upgraded the store to 1.5 (bleeding edge) and despite having the homslider.tpl file replaced the problem appeared again.

Edit: I found that hte images were spoiled - changing the images solved the problem. 

Edited by tomek