thirty bees forum

[TB 1.5] nocaptcharecaptcha - cannot save settings

tomek

Question

I installed the module and filled all the required data in, but cannot save it, because I get a "Server Error" message. I looked into the logs and I got the following:

Fatal Error
Cannot use "parent" when current class scope has no parent
in file (blahblahblah)/public_html/modules/nocaptcharecaptcha/nocaptcharecaptcha.php(2741) : eval()'d code at line 26
Stack trace
2. modules/nocaptcharecaptcha/nocaptcharecaptcha.php(2741) : eval()'d code:26 ()

PHP version: unknown.  Code revision: unknown build for PHP unknown

TB 1.4, PHP 8.1

4 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, tomek said:

I installed the module and filled all the required data in, but cannot save it, because I get a "Server Error" message. I looked into the logs and I got the following:

Fatal Error
Cannot use "parent" when current class scope has no parent
in file (blahblahblah)/public_html/modules/nocaptcharecaptcha/nocaptcharecaptcha.php(2741) : eval()'d code at line 26
Stack trace
2. modules/nocaptcharecaptcha/nocaptcharecaptcha.php(2741) : eval()'d code:26 ()

PHP version: unknown.  Code revision: unknown build for PHP unknown

TB 1.4, PHP 8.1

This module is not PHP8 ready. 

https://github.com/thirtybees/nocaptcharecaptcha/issues/12

Really sad as I cannot come back to 7.4 due to:

Fatal error: Composer detected issues in your platform: Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 8.1.0". You are running 7.4.20. in (blahblah)/public_html/vendor/composer/platform_check.php on line 24

8 minutes ago, tomek said:

Really sad as I cannot come back to 7.4 due to:

Fatal error: Composer detected issues in your platform: Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 8.1.0". You are running 7.4.20. in (blahblah)/public_html/vendor/composer/platform_check.php on line 24

Of course you can. You just have to first update your thirty bees using coreupdater to PHP 7.4 build. There would be compile/syntax errors if you tried to run code that is using PHP8 syntax on PHP7.

It's been discussed on this forum already. Try search.