thirty bees forum

Store locator feature - Map seems broken

x97wehner

I thought I would just be able to turn this on, but the map doesn't seem to work correctly. It throws up a window saying that it can't load the google maps correctly as shown below. I checked the demo TB store on the website and it's doing the same thing. Anyone else seen this previously or know how to resolve?

image.png.058ddf1742ff0d19d5948b58eef39345.png

Edited by x97wehner

3 minutes ago, the.rampage.rado said:

Preferences->General

The Google Maps API is 'free' for up to xxx USD per month but you have to register and activate it. You have monthly credit of xxxx views.

Thanks. I found it. Inserted the API I just created but now getting a different error. Any other secrets to getting this functioning?

image.png.07d308d7c8d2b0148ecb6f251949c226.png

5 minutes ago, the.rampage.rado said:

Are you sure you have exactly the correct API activated for the certain domain permissions?

What is said in the browser console?

Oh, wait, I'm getting somewhere now. I didn't have my subdomain cleared to access the API. Now that I added it to the website credentials, it seems to be working. Thanks for the help @the.rampage.rado

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Google Maps is a commercial paid service: https://mapsplatform.google.com/pricing/
And it would be best to drop it completely from thirty bees core.
On frontend, it is best to replace stores map display with a module. Just add one new hook to stores.tpl
And on backend, those maps in order panel the size of a fingernail are, in my opinion, a completely unnecessary embellishment 🙂
I have a ready-made module of free OpenStreetMap and I can provide it to include it in thirty bees repository.
And if someone wants to pay google to display maps, then and will pay to make a Google Maps module 🙂
There are dozens of services for displaying maps, also with help of modules it will be possible to implement any of them.
If @datakick approves modification, I will submit OpenStreetMap module.

Screenshot_20230305_142158.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2023 at 4:59 PM, the.rampage.rado said:

Are you sure you have exactly the correct API activated for the certain domain permissions?

What is said in the browser console?

so I got the impression that he is trying to set it up in some strange way🤔, as if he was doing it for the first time🥲