thirty bees forum

Can anyone modify the PayPal Pro (Direct Payment + Hosted Solution) (2.0.5) from Presto-Changeo compatible with PHP8.1?

papagino

Hello wondefull people.

I was testing the PayPal Pro (Direct Payment + Hosted Solution) (2.0.5) free module from Presto-Changeo and it was working great with Thirtybees 1.4 under PHP7.4, but not longer work under PHP8.x, causing a 500 server error every time the payment page would load in the cart.

(Needed to comment out any condition where ps_versions_compliancy was mentioned in paypalpro.php in order to be able to install the module in Thirtybees)

Anyway, I wrote to Tomer from Presto-Changeo to see if he was interested in updating his module to make it compatible for PHP8.x. His reply was that they've stopped working with PrestaShop and TB over a year ago and have no plans going back.

I then ask if he would agree to have the Thirtybees community modify his module to make it compatible with PHP8.x?

His reply was: "You are welcome to upgrade and share the module, the only request I have is that the affiliate key in the module remains the same."

This module was the best I've found for PayPal payment with business account and was working great under PHP 7.4.

Would there be anyone on here who is a coder be willing for this task?

I have attached the zip file for the module version 2.0.5

Let me know...

Cheers

Dan

paypalpro.zip

Yes

3 hours ago, datakick said:

This version of module could have never work with thirty bees or with prestashop 1.6.

It uses prestashop 1.7 specific hooks, and calls methods that exists in ps17 only. 

You must have used different version of the module.

Yes maybe you're right, there is another version PayPal Pro (Direct Payment + Hosted Solution) (1.4.6) that I am currently using on my Prestashop 1.6.1.24 shop.

I tried the latest version with Thirtybees thinking that it would support PHP 8.1.

I will try the 1.4.6 version again, but I am pretty sure it won't work with PHP 8.1.

Here is the 1.4.6 version...

Cheers

paypalpro.zip

Ok, I just tried the 1.4.6 version again, it installed, but you get a "500 Server Error" as soon as you click on the configure button in Modules.

Tomer mentioned I need to comment out any complete condition where ps_versions_compliancy is mentioned.

I've look inside the paypalpro.php files but can't figure it out...

Any help to make this module work would be great.

Thanks

10 hours ago, datakick said:

This version of module could have never work with thirty bees or with prestashop 1.6.

It uses prestashop 1.7 specific hooks, and calls methods that exists in ps17 only. 

You must have used different version of the module.

You are right datakick, I just tried the 1.4.6 version again, it installed, but you get a "500 Server Error" as soon as you click on the configure button in Modules.

Tomer mentioned I need to comment out any complete condition where ps_versions_compliancy is mentioned.

Thanks

• 3 months later...
On 6/16/2023 at 2:14 PM, papagino said:

You are right datakick, I just tried the 1.4.6 version again, it installed, but you get a "500 Server Error" as soon as you click on the configure button in Modules.

Thanks

What is it about the PayPal module that comes with the TB distribution that you can't use/don't like?