thirty bees forum

Easy Change of Product Listing from 3 Column to 4 Column

Obi

Question

Ok, so I'm asking the question because there seems to be very little in the way of documentation or resources (maybe invisible is the word I should use) regarding the Community Theme and developing themes for Thirty Bees in general... So sad as I had high hopes for this excellent fork of PrestaShop, but I digress...

Does anyone have any information on changing the column layout, specifically the number of columns, of the product listing pages. I'm sure I will figure it out (/themes/name/product-listing.tpl or something like that) eventually, but it would be nice to be able to adjust this value in either the Community Theme Configuration module or a quick "switch" embedded in the head of the template code.

Anyone?

1 answer to this question

1 hour ago, Obi said:

Ok, so I'm asking the question because there seems to be very little in the way of documentation or resources (maybe invisible is the word I should use) regarding the Community Theme and developing themes for Thirty Bees in general... So sad as I had high hopes for this excellent fork of PrestaShop, but I digress...

Does anyone have any information on changing the column layout, specifically the number of columns, of the product listing pages. I'm sure I will figure it out (/themes/name/product-listing.tpl or something like that) eventually, but it would be nice to be able to adjust this value in either the Community Theme Configuration module or a quick "switch" embedded in the head of the template code.

Anyone?

near miss. It's in file

/themes/{{theme}}/product-list.tpl

How to change it depends on theme -- every theme can implement this differently. Some paid themes can have this configurable, some not.

In default theme (niara, community-theme-default) this is not configurable. Number of columns depends on the class used for individual product block -- smarty variable product_block_size_class.

There is already some logic that switches between different number of columns depending on page name:

https://github.com/thirtybees/niara/blob/d469fcb47b589783deebe847b77bc8d1c0a1d242/product-list.tpl#L3-L6

• Thanks 1