thirty bees forum

Transformer Theme = How Compatible?

labeller

@vincentdenkspel I thought you were a leader of that project. I like your idea with crowdfunding. From another hand, i see possible issue (perhaps that's why @occam is so sceptic): a theme itself is a) usually commercial product, b) could be even more complicated compared to product itself (not only development, but also support)

So, who and how will support theme? It requires a separate department if not an agency.

However, will repeat, i like your idea

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@alwayspaws said in Transformer Theme = How Compatible?:

@vincentdenkspel He really was being sarcastic but it does have a negative touch. He may be as frustrated as we are when we come across these stumbling blocks.

But a negative touch wasn't the foreground and it wasn't the subtext either. It's just that there are myriads of good responsive themes, so you don't have to sponsor a complete new development. Especially since it might not be that easy to top sophisticated themes like Transformer or Panda. It would be more important to develop clear criteria for a) the compatibility with thirty bees, b) user wishes, c) legal requirements of the shop country, d) and last but not least included translations.

On this basis, it might be possible to negotiate with developers in a targeted manner or to discard certain templates from the outset as unsuitable.

@daokakao As i said. A new module is being developed by means of crowdfunding. This module will be part of the TB project and as such will it be maintained by TB. The same could be the case for a theme. Now TB includes a default theme. I don't use the theme so I don't know it's features. However, I could image the a crowdfunding project is started for a more advanced theme that will be part of TB and as such will be maintained by TB. By crowdfunding they get paid for their work and the community will get a more advanced theme. Once again a win-win situation.

@occam "Especially since it might not be that easy to top sophisticated themes like Transformer or Panda". Than you assume the developer of these themes is willing to make them compatible with TB. I've contacted the developer of the transformer theme if he has the intention to make the transformer 4 theme compatible with TB. He said he has not.

If we talk about transformer/panda theme then i have to note one nuance: those themes contains really a lot of modules and thus i make conclusion, that this themes could not be made by one man, i suppose it has been made by a studio/company. So, if we want to start similar crowdfunding project, then we have to take in account need of paying the group of devs, designers, translators, and so on. I think this is more complicated task in comparison to make module for binding elastic search to the TB.

@vincentdenkspel said in Transformer Theme = How Compatible?:

I’ve contacted the developer of the transformer theme if he has the intention to make the transformer 4 theme compatible with TB. He said he has not.

I've read some discussion about it on the themeforest. Transformer V4 has been designed only for PS1.7 so it has a lot of differences compared to transforver V3 which is only for PS1.6/TB. That's why theme's author won't make transformer v4 compatible with TB