thirty bees forum

Help with Setting up GA4 conversion with Thirtybees

Hi all,

So I am lost, how do I setup conversion tracking in GA4? I need my analytics to show my sales conversions, yet at the moment it tracks nothing despite sales being made. I can not use the Analytics module at all neither can we use the gapi module either.

So I have the tracking in the custom code section, and I am able to track quite successfully the amount of sales made, however I am unsure of how to track the sales values. Old Analytics method used to be so easy, GA4 and my brain is fried.

I would greatly appreciate any advice

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kashir2000 said:

Have you set conversions label in Google Ads?

This is why I am lost, I am trying to set data reporting in Analytics, which I am failing to get right, I am not using Google Ads at all.

It's rather complicated for first time. I spent some time writing a module for GA4, Analytics and Google ADs tracking, as well as Consent gathering module.
So if you consider ConsentMode v2, proper sending of events,  proper event description and order (this includes edit of php/templates to add variables etc.).
Also, don't forget Offline measurement protocol (server-server reporting) to track data with utmost accuracy.

Then you have lots of work. Few days of analyzing how it works and get to know how to set it up properly - because without proper CMv2 it will not track your data. Don't think anyone will be able to explain it in short.

> I can not use the Analytics module at all neither can we use the gapi module either. 
Why you can't use module?

On 4/16/2024 at 4:27 PM, Kashir2000 said:

It's rather complicated for first time. I spent some time writing a module for GA4, Analytics and Google ADs tracking, as well as Consent gathering module.
So if you consider ConsentMode v2, proper sending of events,  proper event description and order (this includes edit of php/templates to add variables etc.).
Also, don't forget Offline measurement protocol (server-server reporting) to track data with utmost accuracy.

Then you have lots of work. Few days of analyzing how it works and get to know how to set it up properly - because without proper CMv2 it will not track your data. Don't think anyone will be able to explain it in short.

> I can not use the Analytics module at all neither can we use the gapi module either. 
Why you can't use module?

So the default Analytics module does not acknowledge the GA4 codes at all. If I use that module I get no traffic inbound to analytics at all.
"the API module just shows an error:"
Cannot retrieve test results or there is no data in your account, yet which is not true as there is most definitely data in the account