thirty bees forum

Blockcart.tpl error is preventing site from loading

Naldinho

Question

I updated a 1.3 site to 1.5.1 and everything seems to have gone well except now the site won't load at all and I get the following error.

Attempt to modify property "value" on null
when rendering smarty template themes/default-bootstrap/modules/blockcart/blockcart.tpl
compiled file cache/smarty/compile/60/e3/0b/60e30bc1a6ffdde0d2518ee697f5dc6ed28499a0_0.file.blockcart.tpl.php at line 283

The line that is highlighted in red is

<?php $_smarty_tpl->_assignInScope('free_ship', count($_smarty_tpl->tpl_vars['cart']->value->getDeliveryAddressesWithoutCarriers(true,$_smarty_tpl->tpl_vars['errors']->value)));?>

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

2 answers to this question

In blockcart.tpl template code:

{assign var='free_ship' value=count($cart->getDeliveryAddressesWithoutCarriers(true, $errors))}

replace with:

{assign var='free_ship' value=count($cart->getDeliveryAddressesWithoutCarriers(true))}

And by the way, all themes from prestashop are not suitable for thirtybees, because they do not use the new thirtybees functionality. Such as, for example, support for WEBP images.

• Like 1

Thank you.

I was not aware of that and I would be willing to replace the theme as we were thinking of doing so already but didn't want to open up too many projects at the same time.

Basically my plan is:

1) Move the store from an old server to one using currently supported and updated software and get Thirty Bees updated to 1.51.

2) Fix as many issues as I can and catalog the ones I can't. The main issue here will likely be issues with a no longer supported PrestaShop module that is essential to the store.

3) Buy a bunch of support hours and outsource fixing the issues I can not fix myself.

4) Update theme and appearance and just make it look more modern.

5) (Optional) Adding some custom features assuming I either learn enough to know how or can outsource it at a cost that makes sense.

If reordering the step to update theme to the first makes the upgrade easier I could do that.

I gave up and changed the DNS to point back to the not upgraded store while destroying VPS I created with the upgrade attempt but from this weekend but I made it a lot further this weekend than last and now with the fix for blockcart.tpl I think next weekend I should be able to be successful.