thirty bees forum

Cart rules - vouchers seen by all customers - is this a feature or a bug?

30knees

I found out today that when a customer visits "Home> My account>My vouchers", the customer can see ALL cart rules ever created that match the customer group.

This does not seem right to me because it prevents any selective distribution of vouchers.

For example, if I want a voucher to be valid for all customer groups, but I want to distribute it only to people on Facebook, this feature/bug prevents that. Not only will the intended recipients on Facebook see the voucher when I post it there on my Facebook page, any customer who visits their account and clicks on "My vouchers" will see it, regardless of whether they use Facebook or not.

Is this a bug or a feature? If it is a feature, is there any way to prevent all vouchers from being shown in this way?

• 3 weeks later...

@30knees said in Cart rules - vouchers seen by all customers - is this a feature or a bug?:

Actually, I do have Highlight to NO. The voucher is not shown in the cart, but it is in “Home> My account>My vouchers”. The customer can see ALL cart rules ever created that match the customer group there.

That seems like a bug to me, not a feature. If Highlight is not selected, it shouldn't show it.

I figured out a solution, it's ok not great, but it works. Open your themes discount.tpl file. find.. <tbody> {foreach from=$cart_rules item=discountDetail name=myLoop} Directly AFTER, on a new line add.. {if $discountDetail.highlight == 1} Now find.. {/foreach} </tbody> BEFORE on a new line add.. {/if}

Now on your voucher turn off highlight. Now it will not show the voucher in the cart, or in the My Vouchers page.