thirty bees forum

bad SEO on manufacturers' page

Pedalman

Hello

I just became aware that the pages of our manufacturers rank very very very bad in comparrison to other sites who are by no means really sites you would say, wow, they must have a superb seo agency and lots of ressources.

So, I had a look at our manufacturers' sites. As you now you get to them via calling the tpl that lists all manufacuters and their description. So, yes, here you can seotize:second_place: But if you call the link there that says "Coca&Cola has 3 products" in shop or similar then you come to the page I mean.

All products of one manufacturer.

This site is actually in our case the list of all products of the supplier.

Is this correct and meant to be so?

PS: TB1.3 and Warehouse theme

I adapt the files since PS always to my ideas, no preference which template.

This refers to both the manufacturer page and the category page. Here I move, inter alia, the program code. Sometimes I adjust the information for the ALT and TITLE tags because they are missing in the files. For Google SEO, everyone is ALT and TITLE text is recognized additional positive text, if it is entered correctly. Even with various standard modules, I work on such trifles, so that have a positive effect and are not deposited in the code.

Optical advantages / disadvantages compared to other systems: As an example, if I am myself as a customer in an online shop and then look at the manufacturer page or category page and have seen above the descriptions and then only the articles, I find it personally gruesome and lose the desire. And the descriptions can sometimes be quite long. Even if there is the possibility to expand the full text. Some shop systems show the article lists without pagination that I find personally just as terrible. You have to scroll and scroll to get into the footer area, for example, if you want to find and read the terms and conditions or other information.

In the community-theme-default / manufacturer.tpl I missed the picture, for example, the manufacturer.

and adapted the code:

standard ``` {include file="$tpl_dir./errors.tpl"}

{if empty($errors)}

{$manufacturer->name|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}

{if !empty($manufacturer->description)}
{$manufacturer->description}
{elseif !empty($manufacturer->short_description)}
{$manufacturer->short_description}
{/if}

{if !empty($products)}

{l s='List of products by manufacturer'} {$manufacturer->name|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}

```

customized ``` {include file="$tpl_dir./errors.tpl"}

{if empty($errors)}

{$manufacturer->name|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}

{if !empty($manufacturer->description) || !empty($manufacturer->short_description)}

{/if} {if !empty($manufacturer->short_description)}
{$manufacturer->short_description}
{/if}

{if !empty($products)}

{l s='List of products by manufacturer'} {$manufacturer->name|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}

```