thirty bees forum

Images are too small on mobile and are getting automatically reduced

alwayspaws

Updated this post after finding out I can’t do something I thought I could do, so now I want to find out how I can fix this:

My product images are way too small on phones and tablets. I upload large images and they keep getting reduced very small. Is there a setting that I can use to keep the images the same size as what I’ve uploaded?

Thanks!

Note: Never mind this question because Leslie already answered that it cannot be done.: How can I regenerate images if they are in my own created images folders instead of folders like img/p/2/8/5/What are medically

I know a lot of people who search and click on the google images section at the top. I look at images many times because it’s a lot faster to find what I’m looking for than reading links and clicking. :-) I just googled local celebrity dog dress

0_1513611269580_D857247F-629F-47C1-A4C3-5F68A1B3CDCD.jpeg

It won’t show up as 1.jpg. There’s no more effort than just re-naming the images.

How do I regenerate them bigger? I already uploaded the biggest images I have and rcleared the cache and browser cache and history and I still have the same problem.

I was thinking maybe there’s a way to disable images from being made under a certain size. Is that possible?

The theme does automatically take the image and makes it smaller if it has a lot of white space around it but I want a way to prevent that.

If I disable the smallest versions of images will that fix it? I think my image settings are wrong. Here’s what the settings look like now:

0_1513614289777_DC6210C7-4CC3-4397-8E1E-3E9B5B1E5533.jpeg

OK that makes sense but the problem is when I removed all the white space and only had the images, they looked good on my desktop so I didn’t realize until just the other day that they’re too small on mobile. These are products that I put on at the beginning of my site or I would’ve noticed them sooner.

One last question. ( we can only hope! :-) What if I cropped off the white space and enlarged the images? Or take screenshots and then edit them?

@Baarssen All my jewelry: https://www.alwayspaws.com/dog-lovers-jewelry/earrings. That’s one subcategory and when you look at the products themselves, they get even smaller. Same thing for all of the jewelry, which happens to be the first products I put on my site except for a few birthday cakes for dogs. All the jewelry has a lot of white space around it. Originally, I cropped out all the white space and thought that the images were fine. Unfortunately for some reason I didn’t notice that they were too small until just about a week ago.

Zoom doesn’t work either.

I see what you mean, when you click on the image and when you enter the productpage its getting smaller indeed. Maybe you can ask Sunnytoo themes to have a look at it. I dont think its because of your images but some behaviour in your theme. I guess they will have a solution.

Nice earrings by the way :)