thirty bees forum

short descriptions invisible in list view of category-catalogs

Ulrich

Question

version 1.0.4 RC , warehouse-theme , PHP 7.0 I do not know if this also applies to version 1.0.3: If i import articles with short descriptions with a csv file, in the category-catalogs in the grid and table views the name of the product is displayed, in the list view the name of the product and also the short description is displayed, but ONLY if there is NO reference to an image and instead the default no-image-available-image is loaded. If I open and save an article in which the short description in list view is displayed (one of those without a picture) in the BO and save it again, short description will no longer be displayed, even if i don't change anything in the editor. The reason is that within

"short description" </ p> another pair

</ p> is inserted when i open the article in the BO or if a picture is referenced to the article, like this:

"short description" </ p> another pair </ p> and therefore "short description" remains invisible :-(

@lesley yes, i think so. I made a dirty workaround and replaced in product_list.tpl the lines

<p class="product-desc" >
                    {$product.description_short}
                </p>

with

<p class="product-desc" >
                    {str_replace("<p>", "", {str_replace("</p>", "", $product.description_short)})}
                </p>

This works fine, but it would be better to search around where this useless "

" is added to $product.description_short and remove it.

@lesley This is my description_short: Büdingen, Angela von:
Gereimte Homöopathie. Eine Arzneimittellehre in Versen.

Heidelberg, Haug, 1997; 152 S., broschiert ; 19 cm ; guter Zustand, geringe Gebrauchsspuren ; ISBN 3-7760-1629-9

Don't name it malformed :-(

Anywhere

is added and if i open in editor it has changed to

Büdingen, Angela von:
Gereimte Homöopathie. Eine Arzneimittellehre in Versen.

Heidelberg, Haug, 1997; 152 S., broschiert ; 19 cm ; guter Zustand, geringe Gebrauchsspuren ; ISBN 3-7760-1629-9

THIS is malformed, because its inside

p tag is in database table tbproductlang in field description_short.

But ONLY for those articles, wher i have before manually added a picture in cataloge > article > edit. That is it: Opening and closing any article, no matter what the occasion, will add the p tag. Have checked it right now. It may not be seen anywhere else that it causes an error, only in the list view where it prevents the display of description_short.

Generally in demand:

Unfortunately I have not had the time TB 1.0.4. to test. Do you use the template for PS 1.6 or 1.7 - as far as the differences I do not know, but maybe this could be a problem. For TB is synonymous only the Transformer theme for PS 1.6. compatible and the version for 1.7 at TB is not functional. Both templates are from the same programmer

I just wanted to make sure. and if you use the original?

<p class="product-desc hide-if-product-grid" itemprop="description"> {$product.description_short|strip_tags:'UTF-8'|truncate:360:'...'} </p> or from warehouse/transformer

```

{$product.description_short|strip_tags:'UTF-8'|truncate:360:'...'}

```

@zimmer-media But this is the code for displaying descriptionshort. p tag is added anywhere else. Why? But you're right: striptags will remove all tags and would solve the problem. Many thanks! But this means i can't use and
anymore and have a totally unformatted description_short.