thirty bees forum

BrainStorming: Handling Orders in BO

wakabayashi

It must be possible, to change the carrier at least until the products are shipped.

Could the checkout steps order change be a solution? For instance, customers pays for an order and after that he'll be asked to choose and pay for delivery? In that case it is possible to set the 'default' carrier, which will be applied to the order payed by customer in case when he/she refuse/forget to select appropriate carrier during reasonable period of time. Anyway, the possibility to choose the carrier after order being payed (until it shipped at least) is good option. In Russia virtually all ecommerce companies allow delivery method changing after order been payed (NOT thru website, but via phonecall/messengers/emails instead)

Five minutes later the same customer places another order. We as a merchant merge the two orders into one

Should it merge be agreed with customer? What if he made 2 or 3 small orders intentionally? As far as i know, in PS/TB there's feature for customer to "split" order and deliver its parts to different addresses, so the reverse operation could be easy as well - don't merge some orders, but merge its delivery instead.

Products Returns: .... if he only returns some items, it gets tricky. Too tricky. I can’t regenerate the invoice in that case.

As far as i know, it is not a big problem if customer returns some part of order - a return order should be generated then. IMO, worst problem will be when customer intends to return a part of product pack. What should i do as a seller in that case? Require returning of all pack, or just its defective/wrong parts? How to handle it?

IMO first we have to consult bookkeepers/accountants because this strongly depends on local bookkeeping rules/legislation and in could be virtually impossible to find out the rules applicable globally.

@datakick said in BrainStorming: Handling Orders in BO:

@mockob it's actually quite easy to delete order - simply open order, and in page url replace vieworder to deleteorder

0_1516785222741_del.png

As @MockoB said: The deletion is not clean. I also doubt, that it handles stock. But in general I think, that we should make it as easy as possible for merchants. Thats why I would like to see a delete button...

@daokakao said in BrainStorming: Handling Orders in BO:

Anyway, the possibility to choose the carrier after order being payed (until it shipped at least) is good option. In Russia virtually all ecommerce companies allow delivery method changing after order been payed (NOT thru website, but via phonecall/messengers/emails instead)

Yeah the point is, that I want to change it in the backoffice. Cause as you said, the customer will ask you trough phone, emails or whatever.

Five minutes later the same customer places another order. We as a merchant merge the two orders into one

Should it merge be agreed with customer? What if he made 2 or 3 small orders intentionally? As far as i know, in PS/TB there's feature for customer to "split" order and deliver its parts to different addresses, so the reverse operation could be easy as well - don't merge some orders, but merge its delivery instead.

I see no point, in making 2-3 orders shorty after eachother, which are shipped/paid to same address. Yeah order merging is an idea. But it is very advanced and complicated. You have to take care, which delivery method will be chosen. I am also not sure, if multiple warehouses could be a problem. From my opinion it's not worth to invest much time for it right now.

Products Returns: .... if he only returns some items, it gets tricky. Too tricky. I can’t regenerate the invoice in that case.

As far as i know, it is not a big problem if customer returns some part of order - a return order should be generated then. IMO, worst problem will be when customer intends to return a part of product pack. What should i do as a seller in that case? Require returning of all pack, or just its defective/wrong parts? How to handle it?

Yeah I like your example! It shows a serious issue with product packs. The problem for us is, that the return function is limited. You can create something called "order slip". But in fact we would need to regenerate the invoice.

@wakabayashi

Yeah the point is, that I want to change it in the backoffice.

Can't beleive this is impossible in BO. What if you stop to collaborate with some carrier? In that case you want to have a possibility to replace him for another one. Whether current PS/TB doesn't give that capability?

I see no point, in making 2-3 orders shorty after eachother

Who knows, what was the client's purposes when he/she did an order that way? What if he/she did that intentionally? Example from real life: not much time ago i've ordered 5 different gadgets of different suppliers on aliexpress, which were paid by one aggregated payment on ali, and then distributed between them by ali. So, this way of ordering is legal.

But in fact we would need to regenerate the invoice.

I suspect, that my local Russian legislation and yours not differs much in that case. I also have to issue a return invoice for customer and in addition a deed, that he/she received funds or replacements and has no claims to my company.

This is more a question of business process building/optimization than of 30bz functioning, because this is not full-featured ERP/MRP system but such transactions/activity have to be processed in that systems first.

@daokakao said in BrainStorming: Handling Orders in BO:

Can't beleive this is impossible in BO. What if you stop to collaborate with some carrier? In that case you want to have a possibility to replace him for another one. Whether current PS/TB doesn't give that capability?

Where should this function be? Changing carrier for an order has been requested a lot of times. I don't believe all this merchants missed the option in the backoffice.

@wakabayashi The basic things wherefor i use this module is: - Bulk downloading deliveryslips. I just tick the orders i want in 1 delevery-pdf, dowload it and send it to the different warehouses. I dont do this automatic because i first want to check the orders. - Sometimes a little change, because people want something extra after ordering. - Sometimes change a name, or for example a customer ordered the wrong color. I can just change the color without modifieng costs etc. - Sometimes delete some orderstatusses when i did a mistaken orderstatus to avoid customers to see this.