thirty bees forum

Language pack translations

Havouza

I spend some hours now and then to translate/proofread the Swedish language pack on Crowdin. There is one problem that comes back constantly, probably because more than one translator is involved. An example

The English word cart In the crowdin translation it is translated in three different ways, sometimes is the same module. This is ofc not good

One translation is varukorg. Shopping basket in English

Another one is kundvagn, probably shopping trolley in English

A third one is vagn. trolley in English

What can be done about this? A final proofreading by one proofreader when the translation is finished and then somehow lock it. I don't know

Yes, same sittuation in Bulgarian. I also checked crowdin and if there was some kind of live feature to view what you actually translate in the FO would be nice. It would be nice to lock the translations after they are confirmed with decent translation and if any one needs to translate it further to do it from the BO ... But what if new module or feature is added and needs translation?

They have to be finished module by module of course. But I think this is a rest from PS. Swedish is ready to 88% and I have a feeling that I am the only one working with it. It is not possible for someone, not native Swedish speaker because the big difference in how the language is built.

• 2 weeks later...

@Havouza how do you download the localization pack from crowdin because I cant figure it out? I would like to translate the admin but I need to view the changes on my test site because there are too many meaning possibilities of the sentences ...

• 2 months later...

I almost translated the back office in my language and I must say that translations make much more sense than those before. I think most of them were google translated. But I have issue with the tabs/menus translations. I found the tab.php file in the shop folder but when I change something it doesn't seems to affect the back office translations. The reason I'm trying to edit the translations in the tab.php file is because I can't find them in the back office translations tool. Anyone have an idea how can I translate them ?