thirty bees forum

contact-form.tpl not working with multi-language

DRMasterChief

Question

Hello, last days i have seen the reCaptcha module for TB and i think i will install it (at the moment no spam, regarding TB shop is not in public yet).

Regarding this, i expect the following: There is a problem with sending the contact-form.tpl :
I have installed TB with German language, the English language was added later. So there is de and en to choose for customers.

When i am with German language, the contact form does not work, there is an error called "Es gibt 1 Fehler Beim Senden der Nachricht ist ein Fehler aufgetreten" in a red field.

In English language the contact form works fine and customer can send it. A green notification is shown.

I have no solution for this. I am not with the standard theme, but this theme works with TB and there are no other problems evoked from this theme, so i think it is also in this case not a problem caused by the theme. I was not sure about the category, so if an admin think this is an technical problem, please move it.

Anyone with an idea? In PS forum i have seen that there are -maybe- some php files to copy from the language to the other one (from de to en in my case, or vice versa?). thank you

10 answers to this question

I would assume the problem lies in your themes contact-form.tpl file. I would compare yours with the one from the default tb theme, and see how different they are. Maybe replace it for the moment and then test it. If it works, you know the problem is with your file, if it doesn't help, you know the problem is elsewhere.

Thank you Slick, i already have replaced the theme contact-form with the original tb´s (it is a known problem that the contact form often does not work from themes, you have to re-upload or replace it then and it works, a lot of Prestashop versions got this problem).

So at the moment i use the original tb´s contact-form with only small changes like buttons etc... but the problem with de language still appears.

Hi, it seems that i have found the solution:

there are no /mails folder in the theme folder (only in root). Usually the themes should copy the /mails folder when installing a theme, but that does not happen (it is a well known problem in PS, so maybe in TB too?).

So just copy the /mails into the /themes folder and it works fine with my template now.

Maybe (but just my idea, an expert have to verify this) the standard theme can fall back to the /root folder with the /mails in it, but an separate installed theme cant.... ?!