thirty bees forum

Very bad performance (caching?).

zunxunz

Question

I've set up a new shop with about 30k products and 900 categories and I'm running into incredibly slow first time page load speed issues, page loads of 10-20 seconds or worse.

It seems to be a caching problem, since the slow speed occurs mainly on first time page load, but it recurs in cycles.

On category pages with multiple pages (pagination) each 'page' will load very slow the first time and then 'ok' after that, but for each every other page (as in ?p=x) the first load is again very slow. And this seems to cycle, after hitting a few pages the ones that have been viewed before become slow again.

This shop is a 'mirror' of a PS1.6 shop I have running on the same server, same settings, same content and that one is running fine...

Any ideas anyone?

5 answers to this question

The 1246982 rows in the url_rewrite table might be another thing to look at though, it seems that these are way to many rows. After disabling/enabling 'Friendly url's' I ended up with about 80k rows which seems a lot more feasible given the number of 'items' in the shop...