thirty bees forum

Installation File Permissions

pessoal2004

Question

Installation File Permissions

What is file permissions I’m missing? Please check the attach.

"An error occurred during installation...
     This is a non-fatal error. It can be fixed in Backoffice later. Just jot it down or make a screenshot to not forget it now, or look it up in logs/ later.
     1. Translations for English (English) and thirty bees version 1.0.5 not found.
     2. Translations for thirty bees version 1.0.4 not found either.
     3. Translations for English (English) not installed.
     4. Translation pack cannot be extracted. The server does not have permissions for writing. Please check rights for .
     5. Translation pack cannot be extracted. The server does not have permissions for writing. Please check rights for .
     6. Translation pack cannot be extracted. The server does not have permissions for writing. Please check rights for .
     7. Translation pack cannot be extracted. The server does not have permissions for writing. Please check rights for ."

I have this configuration: chmod -R 0777 config chmod -R 0777 cache chmod -R 0777 upload chmod -R 0777 download chmod -R 0777 img chmod -R 0777 mails chmod -R 0777 modules chmod -R 0777 translations chmod -R 0777 log chmod -R 0777 themes/community-theme-default/lang chmod -R 0777 themes/community-theme-default/pdf/lang chmod -R 0777 themes/community-theme-default/cache

What file permission I’m missing? Regards 0_1530271355628_An error occurred during installation.PNG

5 answers to this question

The only way I found to solve is not making a partial chmod 777 but making the chmod 777 to the ALL thirtybees directory and after revert them (I think that should be done as I explained before, directory by directory, but I made 20 different installations and always gave me error).

The solutions: A. Before instalation: sudo chmod -R 777 /var/www/html/thirtybees

B. After installation:
sudo find . -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \; sudo find . -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;

Hi traumflug, thank you for your help. I have the right chown configuration. I think you are right because the problem is the creation of the additional files during the installation and due to that for installation is necessary give 777 chmod for all directory, and after installation revert the directories to 755 and the files to 644. It is the only way I found to solve this.