thirty bees forum

Carrier keeps resetting to default

gl_ybit

Question

I have a fresh 1.0.5 installation. There are two carriers configured in the demo data. Carrier1 is set as default.

When I go through an order and pick Carrier2 for delivery, the following overview page still assumes Carrier1 including the fee of Carrier1. I have tried to change the order of carriers and switched defaults to Carrier2 (in which case Carrier2 is assumed even if I pick Carrier1). I looked into the networking and there is an ajax request previous to the html request. The Ajax requests the controller order?rand and the method updateExtraCarrier. The response from that ajax-request is {"content":""}. The following html-request has a parameter in the form data which reads processCarrier, but that parameter is empty.

I am not sure whether this is a bug (that would be a substantial one) or whether I failed to configure something important. Has anyone an idea what is going on there?

4 answers to this question

This should work out of the box. However, when testing on 1.0.6 and using default theme with the multiple page checkout I can't see an issue.

I'm just not sure what the "following overview page" should be. The page after carrier selection is the one asking for the payment method, no carrier selection visible. One can see the carrier selection only by the shipping price given.