thirty bees forum

Catalog totally trashed

australisagencies

Question

15 answers to this question

@dosbiner the plot thickens...

[ThirtyBeesException] Root category must be an integer value at line 350 in file classes/helper/HelperTreeCategories.php

• @version 1.0.0 Initial version
  1. */
  2. public function setRootCategory($value)
  3. {
  4. if (!Validate::isInt($value)) {
  5. throw new PrestaShopException('Root category must be an integer value');
  6. }
  7. $this->rootcategory = $value;
  8. return $this; HelperTreeCategoriesCore->setRootCategory - [line 3258 - controllers/admin/AdminProductsController.php] - [1 Arguments] AdminProductsControllerCore->initContent - [line 366 - classes/controller/Controller.php] ControllerCore->run - [line 837 - classes/Dispatcher.php] DispatcherCore->dispatch - [line 63 - admin/index.php]

Hmm, this doesn't seem to be working at all. I've installed a new instance, backed up that database, then tried to import it into my existing one. It does nothing - the new products I created are still there (tables should all have been dropped, so nothing should be there after the restore).

Any suggestions? I'm really lost. I don't wanna have to recreate all the terms, legals, etc.

Fixed it!!

Okay, I had a few gremlins here.

I must have deleted (and forgotten doing so) the Home and Root categories to eliminate the clash of categories. I didn't know this was fatal - would be good to have this as a warning popup.

What was confusing was that I was dropping the category tables, but the categories were still showing in the BackOffice. I was expecting PHP database miss errors, or something like that.

Another issue I wsa having was that I was importing database tables from the new installation, but not renaming them properly. I had tables called "tbsicategoryshop" and I was copying them over "tbg8categoryshop".

For anyone in future who trashes their database and doesn't want to nuke the site and lose their theme and text changes, you can import the database tables from a new installation. You just need to make sure you use the correct table names. Just install to another directory, then copy the tables. My site is hosted with CPanel, and I used PHPmyadmin to get to the database files.

Also... DO NOT DELETE THE HOME CATEGORY.

The interface suggests you can choose whatever category IDs you like. You can't. I now start mine with 1000. I'm actually not going to bother specifying category IDs,, as for me there's no apparent use to them, and the redundant desire to use them for the hell of it started me on this stupid journey. I have learned a bit more about site admin through this experience, though.

@australisagencies said in Catalog totally trashed:

Another issue I wsa having was that I was importing database tables from the new installation, but not renaming them properly. I had tables called “tbsicategoryshop” and I was copying them over “tbg8categoryshop”.

Are you really deleting categories directly in the database? That is almost impossible to do right. Not only should you delete all the related tables and take care that no orphaned categories remain but you should also set the nleft and nright fields correctly.

@musicmaster hi, sorry if my phrasing wasn't very precise.

No, I don't mean I was running SQL queries, editing individual entries within a table. I did very well with SQL in university, but have never used it since and that was about 15 years ago, so no, that's not an option for me in the slightest!

I mean I dropped tables and then copied vanilla, blank, brand-new tables from a new installation. Happily, replacing the tables holus-bolus worked a treat.