thirty bees forum

How could I raise the box called "Short description"

dan.cretu

When I want to add a new product into my store, in the "Information" section, the box for named "Short description" of the product is too low in height, How could I raise the box called "Short description" and where I could find the method what could solve my request. Being too small I can not add additional information like the colors of the products available, because as the name says, only short descriptions of the product can be added. *In this box, I want to enter the color details and not in the "Description", section. Has anyone ever encountered such a problem that I can help me?

After you make a combination you have to adjust it's quantity.

There's two ways: 1. Simple and stupid (for small shops) - you don't use advanced stock managment - the quantity field in your BO product page is editable because you don't use ASM in your shop preferences and you don't have choise to enable it in your BO product page -> Quantities. You enter your stock manually, the shop deducts it with the sold numbers for each order. 2. Little more complicated (for shops with multiple warehouses, or suppliers disguised as warehouses) - you use ASM - you have it turned on in your Preferences -> Products page, and you have created default warehouse (this have two steps - you have to create the warehouse itself, set it up, etc and also you have to assigne carriers that will serve it and this is important because otherwise the customers won't be able to checkout, the system will give them 'No carriers available for this product' message. So you have your product and your warehouse. In BO Product->Quantities tab you select 'I want to use my new and shiny ASM' and click on 'my stock is there please use the numbers already and leave me alone'. So the quantity box will grey out. After you save your product you go to Stock->Stock managment find your product and fix it's quantities (you have different options here aswell)..... If you have 1 guzilion per item you can simply funk off all this shit and check When out of stock - allow order in your preferences and leave all this stuff behind you, pour a glas of wine and relax...

In simple words - your site thinks you don't have stock from those combinations and hides the BUY NOW button. If you put stock in the system it will show it fine and dandy... :) Until now all of your products had no combinations and you had put some quantities somewhere but when you create a combination for those products the system does not keep the quantities you put earlier becase it doesn't know which goes where and simply leaves the admin to redo them. So that's why the button is gone.

I chose the first option. We did not activate "Advanced stock management system", so we manually entered the actual stocks for two pairs of trousers, yellow = 10 pcs and black = 11 pcs. The problem is that after the data is saved and after I want to add another new feature, called "Size", the feature that I need, the "Add to Cart" button is missing. However, I do not want these options to appear in the payment block (where I choose the number of pieces, and I see the final price) I would like to be included in the block describing the product I sell. If you still have patience ... I would like a suggestion

The combination can have 1 or many attributes so if you add blue and size L you have 1 combination.

If you have S,M,L and blue and red you have 6 combinations. When you add some attribute to the existing combinations the system thinks it's brand new combo and as I said you have to manually add new quantities.

Regarding the cart and checkout - why you need those hiden? If I have added 2 shirts in blue but during checkout I decide that I want to remove one of them how I can do that? It's also considered that such info there is user friendly and if you remove it I doubt you will have many orders.

I understand. I do not know why "Add to cart" disappears after adding the new "Size" feature. Additionally, instead of "Item available" appears, "This combination does not exist for this product. Please select another combination." And I think that, "Add to Cart" disappears. Somewhere I'm wrong.

As I said you have to understand that 'combination' is different from 'attribute'.

One combination can have one or multiple attributes. And if you had one combo with one attribute and then you decide to add second or even third attribute the system considers this to be brand new combination and leaves you to input your brand new stock.

As if I had one pair of jeans with size S, M and L... Firstly I stocked only blue but later the manufacturer rolled out them in pink aswell - I decide to stock them too and use the current product in my shop.

As @colorful-ant showed above I can use the combination generator to ease my work and add the new color which will leave me with 6 combinations - blue SML, pink SML... All of which will have 0 quantity because the system can't know what you have altered in your combination and in order to prevent stock levels issues it simply delete all available stock from those combos.

This message you receive in the product page is when you have size L and size S let's say and you select from the dropdown list a combination without stock available for sale. The system hides the button and displays that message. If you run out of stock of all of the combos the message will be different and again with hidden button.

Yupiii, I managed to solve this problem using "product combination generator", which attributed my product size to their color. Now I turn on "Add to cart". I'm going to get you to a beer with the aroma of Transylvania mountain's. You do not know how happy they are. There are always people willing to help you on this forum. Once again thousands of thanks, Mr the.rampage.rado and the colorful ant.

I would much like to have a group of TB passionate colleagues, but since I was from Timisoara-RO, most e-commerce developers use other platforms and it is difficult to have a thorough discussion with them. Beer remains my duty to honor you, gentlemen's. Sory for my bad english.