thirty bees forum

[solved] Bug in the French translation if it is Update with the Backoffice "Add / Update a language" function

BillyTheMountain

Question

Hello,

There is a BIG bug in the French translation if it is Update with the "Add / Update a language" function of the "Localization / Translations" backoffice page : Lots of backoffice words disapears (no translation or word in english, just an invible link...).

With "Français (French)" or "Français CA (French)", it's equal.

Little exemples  :

In the "Catalog / Products" page :
- the tab link name "Associations"
- the tab link name"Images"

In the "Advanced Parameters / Performance" page :
- "Smarty - Application Cache"
- "Cache"
- "MySQL"
- "Disable non thirty bees modules"
- "Profiling"
- "Use the PHP Encryption library with the openssl extension (highest security)."
- "Use Rijndael with the openssl extension."
- "Server Side Caching"
- "redis (you must install the redis extension)"
- "Full page cache "
    (...)

I have the same result with two TB 1.0.8.

So I have change the Employees languages for the english, but this is not a solution

Any way to solve this?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day,

Marc

Performance 1.jpg

Performance 2.jpg

Product.jpg

Edited by BillyTheMountain

8 answers to this question

Thank you Musicmaster 🙂

I fully understand that the French translation is still only partial, that it needs help for to be improved (and I started contributing with https://crowdin.com/project/thirty-bees , I hope to approach 100% for the french pack by April-May).

But that ThirtyBees does not display anything when the French translation doesn't exist, not even the English expression, it's a bug.

Which is surprising is that everything worked well before the update of the French language...

(How do you get the translation display you put in picture? Which software? it's very cool !)

Have a nice day

Marc

Edited by BillyTheMountain

You can adapt translations in the backoffice at Localisation->Translations

It seems to me that your problem - empty translations - and the problem that I mentioned -  that the incomplete sections are closed in the Localisation->Translations pages - are related.

The logical explanation is that Crowdin treats missing translations the wrong way. Instead of leaving them out it - as it works in TB and PS - it stores them as empty strings.

This also produces a solution for your problem:

- Go to the Localisation->Translations page and check "backoffice" and your language.

- click the button "Fold everything". It then changes to "expand everything". Click again. 

- Now click on "save"

- The translations will now be stored as they should. That is: all missing translations will be left out. As a consequence you will now see the English original in their place instead of empty space.

• Like 2