thirty bees forum

cannot upload images 300kb+ on product image

order123

Question

Hello, 

This issue has taken few hours of my life... please help.

Trying to upload product images that I took using my iPhone. They're 2.5mb+ as a product image. It didn't work, so I compressed them to 500kb and 1.9MB still not working. See the videos.

I changed the file size limit in Thirtybees to 8MB (see photo). still didn't solve it. I can upload the 290kb file multiple times no issues (so it's not a space issue on my server.. which I investigated).

Much appreciated,

Frank

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 4.16.12 PM.png

12 answers to this question

Time to watch out for error messages.

One place one can find error messages is the JavaScript console. On Firefox, that's menu -> Extras -> Web Developer -> Web Console.

Another place is log/ in the filesystem, one can look it up by FTP. There are files with error messages, a new one generated each day.

Third place is the error log of the web server. Location (and whether one exists at all) depends largely on the type of web server.

Correct. The error message doesn't show anything. 

I've tried uploading using my Mac/PC (Safari, Firefox for Mac, Firefox for Windows browsers). Same no error message. Just the error "!" exclamation.

As seen on the enclosed image.

I also tried, uninstalling and reinstalling from the panel..

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 12.36.51 PM.png

3 hours ago, order123 said:

Correct. The error message doesn't show anything. 

I've tried uploading using my Mac/PC (Safari, Firefox for Mac, Firefox for Windows browsers). Same no error message. Just the error "!" exclamation.

As seen on the enclosed image.

I also tried, uninstalling and reinstalling from the panel..

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 12.36.51 PM.png

Does your shop have the default language? Or is it translated? En-UK is a translation too in this context.

On 3/14/2019 at 3:50 PM, musicmaster said:

Does your shop have the default language? Or is it translated? En-UK is a translation too in this context.

Default language.

Thanks for your interest. The issue is solved now, it turns out. Our server was running PHP 7.0, when updated to 7.2 everything worked. No errors