thirty bees forum

Newsletter - signing up

jfnewell1965

I was playing with my fresh TB install, and subscribed to the newsletter to see what happened...and nothing visible did.

When I went to "Module and Services -> Modules and Services", then searched for newsletter, found the "Block Newsletter", and clicked on Configure.

I see that there is an option for "Verification" and "Confirmation"....ah-ha!

So I set those to "Yes", and below that section I deleted (by unchecking the green check mark) my previous newsletter registration.

The idea being that now I could go re-subscribe to the newsletter, and test the "Verification" and "Confirmation" options.

But when I try to subscribe again, it says: " Newsletter : This email address is already registered. "

Am I deleting the existing newsletter subscription in the right place?

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm it too. even with all data removed from newsletter module I cant sign up with one time used email (no client account, just newsletter).

hmm, funny thing. After clearing newsletter module data, Ive imported clients one more time - 66 subscribers among them. but mailchimp module is syncing 71 - 3 duplicates of one my emails (yest 3x the same email was accepted) + 2 others.

more bad news - no confirmation emails are sent. SMTP tested and works correctly. nothing in logs, there are translation files where it should be. any ideas?

Edited by cienislaw

ok, more light here. after some digging... I found out that mails/pl/lang.php was missing when I was looking for reason why password reset wasn't sent (which wasn't easy as generic info was shown 'an error occurred during sending' or something like that).

and about already signed for newsletter issue - If you had turned on confirmation request which wasn't send, so no one will click link with token, email won't be show on list in BO but will be stored in tb_newsletter table. look there and clean up.