thirty bees forum

Editing Theme

Miranda

I have a few questions about changing things in my shops theme. I don't know too much about coding, particularly outside of the very basic html/css stuff, so they're probably mostly easy fixes which I'm just unaware of. Any pointers are much appreciated!

1st: When I try to add my edited theme it says I need to use a different title. Which file needs to be changed for that?

2nd: Where can I edit the grey backgrounds out for various items (nav bar, footer, CMS page header, sidebar item headers, etc.)?

3rd: Can I remove the CMS page headers completely?

4th:  Where can I edit the page that shows when maintenance mode is on?

5th: Is there a way to change it so that everywhere it refers to 'manufacturers' it will say 'brands' instead?

Thanks!

Edit:
-
Now that I have the title issue fixed, when uploading my theme it says I have a bad or missing configuration file. The only edit I made to the config files was to change the themes title, so I'm unsure a to what this could be?
-When I try to modify translations, it brings me to an essentially blank page, and, again, I don't know what I could be doing wrong here.

Edited by Miranda

I strongly suggest to do some reading about css/template editing before you start.

Good start is here:

https://www.w3schools.com/css/

2. For finding where the things are (in which css file/line) you can use Inspection tools (most browsers have them).

3. Yes, edit the cms template.

4. In maintenance template

5. You can use translations in back office for that, where you replace every "manufacturers" word with your desired word.

Editing complete template is not as easy as it seems if there is not enough knowledge in the background.

So suggestion is to learn a lot and spend a lot of time, or buy some commercialy available theme.

It all depends on what are you looking for.

Edited by toplakd

• 2 months later...