Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Havouza

php issues I think

Question

I am in the process to move our TB from one VPS to a new one. Both Centos 7. After much troubles I started from scratch and now I think the problem is a wrong php-fpm setting.
I get these two lines in the Apache log. Anyone that can give me a hint what to look for? If necessary I can give ssh access to the server or access to the controlpanel. I would be eternally greatful if someone could help

[Thu Apr 25 18:27:07.640875 2019] [proxy:error] [pid 7890] (111)Connection refused: AH00957: FCGI: attempt to connect to 127.0.0.1:8000 (*) failed
[Thu Apr 25 18:27:07.640927 2019] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 7890] [client 63.143.42.253:52290] AH01079: failed to make connection to backend: localhost, referer: https://jv74.se

6 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

Hello,

Which version of PHP do you have installed on your VPS?

I prefer nginx, after upgrade to php 7.2 I had to change the entry php5.3-fpm.sock to php7.2-fpm.sock in nginx config file (sites-available directory).

I recommend nginx, along with php-7.2 the store works very fast.

location ~ [^/]\.php(/|$) {

fastcgi_index index.php;
        include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;
        # depending on version, could be : include snippets/fastcgi-php.conf;
        fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/php/php7.2-fpm.sock;
        fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;

}

Edited by Adik

Posted (edited)

Double check this line in your config /etc/apache2/sites-available/...

<FilesMatch \.php$>
     SetHandler "proxy:unix:/var/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock|fcgi://localhost/"
    </FilesMatch>

Edited by Adik

I looked at php.ini and it for sure use php 5.4 which I know will not work. but I have no clue how to force 7.0. I use Centos so I cant disable it via ssh as in Ubuntu

@Havouza Dont you use Plesk or cPanel? It should be easy to change a php version there... Or is the problem much more complicated than I think?

If I had used Plesk on this new one it would be easy. because we only have one shop left we decided to get a smaller VPS and use Virtualmin instead. All about costs. Pleask has got expensive unfortunately