thirty bees forum

Show Barcode

AndyC

Hi All

Just about every product I have has a barcode which I want to show on my pages.. By searching google there doesn't seem to be a way to show this.

But also though search I have found this code

{if $product->ean13}
   {$product->ean13}
{/if}

Which works fine , the only thing is when it goes down to mobile devices it looses shape at the moment it looks like this

Reference: WP 618YR  Barcode : 5055685508810

But on mobiles looks like this

Reference: WP 618YR  Barcode :

Is there a way to float it left

OR 

Is there a better way to show it on Thirty Bees

thanks

Hi

I thought the EAN post was about blogs , but tried it anyway and didn't work

I edited my script but still the same , am trying to move it down 1 line and keep left .

I've had my tabs sorted out now so my Panda theme is looking great which is why I have loads of space left on the right 

my panda example with variants from this topic

image.png.67767082dbc3965421f1d0a4c74df8ed.png

themes/panda/product.tpl

<p id="product_reference" class="{if !$display_pro_reference} unvisible {/if} product_meta" {if empty($product->reference) || !$product->reference} style="display: none;"{/if}>
					<label class="product_meta_label">{l s='Reference:'} </label>
					<span class="editable"{if $enable_google_rich_snippets} itemprop="sku"{if !empty($product->reference) && $product->reference} content="{$product->reference}"{/if}{/if}>{if !isset($groups)}{$product->reference|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}{/if}</span>
				</p>
                                       <p id="product_ean13"{if empty($product->ean13) || !$product->ean13} style="display: none;"{/if}>
    <label>{l s='EAN: '} </label>
    <span {if !empty($product->ean13) && $product->ean13} content="{$product->ean13}"{/if}>{$product->ean13|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}</span>
{if $enable_google_rich_snippets}<meta itemprop="gtin13" content="{$product->ean13|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" />{/if}
</p>

Edited by colorful-ant

Thank you that worked , although had to edit yours as already have reference so started from

<p id="product_ean13"

I also see it doesn't show if there is no number ,which was also what I required and it seems to keep it's shape on mobile view now..

Am getting so close to going live now, it's scary

So thank you again for your help

• 2 weeks later...

im not sure - not testet now

</p>
<br>
                                       <p id="product_ean13"{if empty($product->ean13) || !$product->ean13} style="display: none;"{/if}>

or try two => <br><br>
dont forget clear shop cache and browser cache

Edited by colorful-ant

Hi

Sorry for the late reply

Tried as you suggested but ended up with it working but code is seen on the right .. Tried a few variations too       

1.JPG.489fc9a025d30af29f5f556f6fc21ddb.JPG

this is the bit of code I want as in image above but without the &nbr; 🙂

Oh I put your code here in bold ..or is that the wrong place

<p>&nbpr;</p>

<span {if !empty($product->ean13) && $product->ean13} content="{$product->ean13}"{/if}>{$product->ean13|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}</span>
{if $enable_google_rich_snippets}<meta itemprop="gtin13" content="{$product->ean13|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" />{/if}
</p>