Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

GTSol

WWW not re-directing to non-WWW

Question

I am having issues with a multi-shop store:

The www.mydomain.com is not automatically redirecting to mydomain.com and instead displaying a 404 error.

I have checked the DNS settings with my host and the records are working fine.

I have also tried various methods of adding to the .htaccess file but nothing is working.

Currently Shop 1 (www) displays a 404 error and Shop 2 (www) re-directs to the Shop 1 domain.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

9 answers to this question

Possibly not but have you checked under  Preferences / SEO & URLs

check settings in there

1 minute ago, AndyC said:

Possibly not but have you checked under  Preferences / SEO & URLs

check settings in there

Thanks for the reply,

With a Multistore the settings you refer to are moved to Advanced Settings > Multistore where you can choose WWW or not - I have tried both but the problem is still there, just reversed. 

I don't understand this setup. You have multishop. So there should be at least two shop urls in your story. Yet there is only one.

4 hours ago, musicmaster said:

I don't understand this setup. You have multishop. So there should be at least two shop urls in your story. Yet there is only one.

2 x non-www* domains currently setup for 2 x shops and both work fine - but when adding www.* respective domains have unwanted behaviour - the first domain has 404 and second domain redirects to the first domain.

does that make more sense?

thanks

2 hours ago, musicmaster said:

What happens when you delete (rename) .htaccess? 

The non-www goes to blank page and the www still goes to 404.

Try to create a text or html file in the root of the domain and look whether you can see it. That way you will have excluded every influence of the shop software.

On 5/27/2019 at 11:05 AM, musicmaster said:

Try to create a text or html file in the root of the domain and look whether you can see it. That way you will have excluded every influence of the shop software.

Thanks - I could not access the simple html file using the www - so guessing the issue is with my host rather than the software.

I'm working with the host now to resolve - they are investigating. Appreciate the help.