thirty bees forum

Trying to install Elasticsearch Module crashes back office

dynambee

Question

I wanted to do some testing with the Elasticsearch module but I cannot seem to get the module to install.

I downloaded the module from github as a zip file. Renamed the zip file to "elasticsearch.zip" and renamed the module folder inside the zip file to "elasticsearch". Then I uploaded the module in the back office. The file seems to have been unzipped into the correct elasticsearch folder but once this completes everything crashes (error below).

I figured maybe I need to install it from the command line so I did that as well (manual unzipping, making sure permissions are set correctly) and then went back into the back office. When I try to open the Modules and Services it crashes. In both cases I get the following error message:

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module file :/public_html/modules/elasticsearch/elasticsearch.php:
require_once(): Failed opening required '/public_html/modules/elasticsearch/vendor/autoload.php' 
(include_path='/public_html/vendor/pear/archive_tar:/public_html/vendor/pear/console_getopt:
/public_html/vendor/pear/pear-core-minimal/src:/public_html/vendor/pear/pear_exception:.:/usr/share/php')

I removed the directory path before /public_html as it was the same for every folder and just made the error harder to read. I've also inserted a few line breaks to make the error easier to read.

I'm on a Cloudways VULTR server with 2 cores, 4GB memory, PHP 7.1, Elasticsearch 5.4 (tried 6.5 too, same error), and MySQL 5.7. Redis is installed too, which should be unrelated.

I have tried disabling non-TB modules and disabling overrides, same problem happens. I have all caching on the server disabled. All forms of CCC are disabled. 

I'm sure that I am just missing something simple here but for the life of me I can't figure out what it is.

Help?

2 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, datakick said:

you can't download github repository and use it as a module. Github contains source code that needs to be build.

That would explain it.

Like an idiot I forgot to look in the TB Marketplace for the module, only looked for it in the TB site back office.

Thanks.