thirty bees forum

Is there a CSS purifier somewhere that might cause troubles?

movieseals

The reason I am asking is that I have a module that needs to use fontawesome and something systematically strips anything that is placed inside /modules/slider/css.  If I change the folder name, nothing gets stripped but for some reason, the CSS changes and it does not treat the images the same way.  It is very odd.  If I look at the code, all the forward slashes are stripped from the CSS, causing things to appear as F0...  instead of the image it should be.  HTML purifier is disabled.

For example, the CSS should be:

.tab-content .bx-controls-direction a.bx-prev:before {
    content: "\f0d9";
    font-family: FontAwesome;
    padding: 0;
}

However, if put in a folder called css, no matter what I do, even adding !important;, the forward slash gets stripped:

.tab-content .bx-controls-direction a.bx-prev:before {
    content: "f0d9"!important;
    font-family: FontAwesome;
    padding: 0;
}

If I change the name of the css folder to say views, then the arrows appear correctly but the rest of the CSS, which I did not change at all, does not behave like it does in the CSS folder, instead the images are cut off around the edges...  Changing the folder name back to css seems to fix the issue.  Very odd.

Edited by movieseals

1 hour ago, musicmaster said:

The backslash serves of course also as an escape character. So you might need to double (like "\\") to have the desired effect.

I had read about that.  They got wiped too!  I was also told to add !important; at the end, but that did not work either...