thirty bees forum

Modules to be updated - HELP

dbyroad

Question

I had Prestashop and the thing was very buggy.  A friend migrated the system to Thirty bees 1.0.8 the site has ran great ever since the migration. I hate to mess with anything as it's been running so perfect for over 2mths now. Last time I updated Prestashop tons of things stop working. Nevertheless, I clicked on modules it says I have modules that need updated (see attached image)

Once more the last time I clicked on update all with Prestashop my site went crazy with non working images, payment, things not showing up etc. so forgive me for being hesitated to do anything

First off I'm very new to all this and very unfamiliar with about everything. My question is do I use "Update All" button? or update one at a time? Also I don't know what 3/4 of the moduels are or do. Any help would be appreciated

Thank you in advance for your kind assistance

Regards

Dennis

list-of-modules.JPG

3 answers to this question

In most of these modules you won't see the change (it's internal documents/licensing/etc).

Some of them are bugfixes and few of them introduce something new. I don't remember any of them to have any change in behaviour so I don't think you should be afraid to update.

BUT YOU SHOULD MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR FILES AND DB FIRST!!!

Thank you, I did the TB updater first. Then updated the rest of the modules individually. Everything said update complete. However all the slider bar images disappeared and so did the images to the right of the slider bar. But that seems to happen every time I update those two particular modules. I simply go in and upload the images again and everything is fine. Thank you for your help all worked well