thirty bees forum

New Product Images Not Displaying Fully Since Migrating To New Web Host

lovelygifts

Question

Hi, sorry in advance for this long one, however, I thought it would be useful to know what steps I've tried thus far.

Since migrating to a new web host, upon adding new products and their image, the image is not appearing as it should. They are there in the back office.

When hovering over the image on the product page, I can see the image is there. Therefore, the thickbox is not it's full size if that makes sense? See link to page. It does not appear on the sub category page either
https://lovely-gifts.co.uk/bath-body-gifts/bath-time-gift-bundles/bath-bomb-barmi-gift-bundle

Original product images prior to migrating, are intact. It's just new products I'm trying to add>> https://lovely-gifts.co.uk/bath-time-gift-bundles

• Troubleshooting Actions I've Taken in order
  • Tried changing the permissions on the img folders (p) from 755 to 777. This did not work so reverted back.
  • Re-uploaded the image (.jpg) - cleared cache in my browser - did not work.
  • I'm not sure if the image uploaded in back office products is meant to be found in my file directory in cpanel or not. However, I checked and it's not there.
  • Checked the image file path in cpanel '1679-thickbox_default.jpg' is there, as is the image uploaded '1679.jpg'. All other _default .jpgs are there too.
  • Tried re-generating the images - no change
  • Disabled and enabled New Products module - no change. (Whether on or off, the product image doesn't 'open up' in the thickbox_default
  • Uninstalled some modules - no change.
  • disabled and re-enabled other modules - no change
  • Preferences / Images - all boxes ticked
  • Turned webp images to off and the new product images appeared! However,  now, lots of images throughout the site are not displaying.  There's just the placeholder image. So, it's prob something to do with setting up the images right somewhere - unsure where.

Changed image format from Use Jpg to Use PNG only if base images....this brought back all images from site  however, the new ones I've tried to add when adding new products, have gone back to not showing properly again.

And these are all my findings and checks. Now I'm a little unsure what to do now as I'm no expert. I just can't think what to do next.
Below is the .htacces code copied from backend office - is there anything in there that might be causing this issue? As stated earlier, I've just migrated to a new web host so this could be a contributing factor perhaps?

# ~~start~~ Do not remove this comment, thirty bees will keep automatically the code outside this comment when .htaccess will be generated again
# .htaccess automatically generated by thirty bees e-commerce open-source solution
# http://www.thirtybees.com - http://www.thirtybees.com/forums

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
<IfModule mod_env.c>
SetEnv HTTP_MOD_REWRITE On
</IfModule>

RewriteEngine on

#Domain: www.lovely-gifts.co.uk
RewriteRule . - [E=REWRITEBASE:/]
RewriteRule ^api$ api/ [L]

RewriteRule ^api/(.*)$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}webservice/dispatcher.php?url=$1 [QSA,L]

# Images
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.lovely-gifts.co.uk$
RewriteRule ^([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$1$2$3.jpg [L]
RewriteRule ^([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.webp %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$1$2$3.webp [L]
RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$1$2$3$4.jpg [L]
RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.webp %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$1$2$3$4.webp [L]
RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$1$2$3$4$5.jpg [L]
RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.webp %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$1$2$3$4$5.webp [L]
RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$1$2$3$4$5$6.jpg [L]
RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.webp %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$1$2$3$4$5$6.webp [L]
RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7.jpg [L]
RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.webp %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7.webp [L]
RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$6/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7$8.jpg [L]
RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.webp %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$6/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7$8.webp [L]
RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$6/$7/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7$8$9.jpg [L]
RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.webp %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$6/$7/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7$8$9.webp [L]
RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$6/$7/$8/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7$8$9$10.jpg [L]
RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.webp %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$6/$7/$8/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7$8$9$10.webp [L]
RewriteRule ^c/([0-9]+)(\-[\.*_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/c/$1$2$3.jpg [L]
RewriteRule ^c/([0-9]+)(\-[\.*_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.webp %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/c/$1$2$3.webp [L]
RewriteRule ^c/([a-zA-Z_-]+)(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/c/$1$2.jpg [L]
RewriteRule ^c/([a-zA-Z_-]+)(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.webp %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/c/$1$2.webp [L]
# AlphaImageLoader for IE and fancybox
RewriteRule ^images_ie/?([^/]+)\.(jpe?g|png|gif)$ js/jquery/plugins/fancybox/images/$1.$2 [L]

# Dispatcher
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -s [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
RewriteRule ^.*$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>

AddType application/vnd.ms-fontobject .eot
AddType font/ttf .ttf
AddType font/otf .otf
AddType application/font-woff .woff
AddType application/font-woff2 .woff2
<IfModule mod_headers.c>
<FilesMatch "\.(ttf|ttc|otf|eot|woff|woff2|svg)$">
 Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"
</FilesMatch>
</IfModule>

#If rewrite mod isn't enabled
ErrorDocument 404 /index.php?controller=404

# ~~end~~ Do not remove this comment, thirty bees will keep automatically the code outside this comment when .htaccess will be generated again

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Regards, Claire

6 answers to this question

29 minutes ago, lovelygifts said:

Much appreciated and you've feedback so I'm happy to trust. I've certainly no idea how to do this product combination fix anyway. 

This was not about combinations in fact it was the images Types/ sizes settings that needed a fix... each image sizes were assigned to all types : products, categories, etc.. I put it in order and regenerate pic for categories.

13 hours ago, zen said:

It seems that you didn't set the proper product combination correctly maybe, and assign to it the image by default.

I can check that if you want, plz give login in private.

Hi Zen,

Oh well that's definately something I wouldn't have thought of. I'd be most grateful thank you. I'll send you link and login ... thanks in advance. Claire

14 hours ago, zen said:

It seems that you didn't set the proper product combination correctly maybe, and assign to it the image by default.

I can check that if you want, plz give login in private.

Much appreciated and you've feedback so I'm happy to trust. I've certainly no idea how to do this product combination fix anyway. 

15 minutes ago, zen said:

This was not about combinations in fact it was the images Types/ sizes settings that needed a fix... each image sizes were assigned to all types : products, categories, etc.. I put it in order and regenerate pic for categories.

ahhh ok, bless you and thanks so much. Have a great day. 🙂🙏

• Like 1