thirty bees forum

Need suggestion for Product Configurator

Enev

In the online shop I'm planing to run there will be some products with complex configurations - they could have 10+ attributes and each attribute could have 10+ values. Different value has different impact on the price and leads to different order code.

It seems impossible to handle this with the built-in Product Combinations Generator (it would create thousands variations just for a single product) so I'm looking for an alternative solution.

I found many modules which could possibly do the job but all of them are paid and I'm not willing to buy one just to find out it's not supported in thirtybees or it's not what I'm looking for.

Does anyone has experience with such modules and could recommend me one?

I can't recommend a specific module. But I can give you a few considerations:

- you have three kinds of attributes. You have attributes that don't affect the stock, such a whether a piece of furniture is polished. You have attributes that have their own stock, such as hard disks when you sell computers. And you have attributes that define a unique type of product. It is the last type that Thirty Bees/Prestashop standard supports.

- so when you buy a module you should check which of the other types it supports and whether that fits your situation.

- if you want to make a do-it-yourself solution for attributes that don't affect stock you can consider using the customization field.

The attributes do define a unique product, but when you have a product with 10 attributes and each attribute has 10 values, this results in millions of possible combinations. Moreover, the products don't usually share the same attributes. That's why I need other type of attribute handling than the built-in. In ideal case I want to achieve something similar to this: https://eurothermonline.com/controllers/1-4-din-model/2604.html (as far as I see the backend of this store is Magento)

After a brief research possible candidates are:

Unfortunately, I could test only AWP, since the other two have limited or non-working BO.

• 3 weeks later...

Some update for those who might be interested.

Product Configurator Pro by YoPixel was my first choice and has almost everything that I need and only small changes were needed, unfortunately it turned out they made the recent versions compatible only with PS 1.7.

Attribute Wizard Pro by Presto Changeo also fits my needs and has a clever way of handling product combinations but you have to modify a number of core/theme files in order to make it work, which I prefer to avoid.

Now I'll test further Advanced configurator for customized product Module by DM Concept, together with two other modules, all priced € 199,99:

• 10 months later...
On 1/9/2020 at 11:15 AM, Enev said:

Some update for those who might be interested.

Product Configurator Pro by YoPixel was my first choice and has almost everything that I need and only small changes were needed, unfortunately it turned out they made the recent versions compatible only with PS 1.7.

Attribute Wizard Pro by Presto Changeo also fits my needs and has a clever way of handling product combinations but you have to modify a number of core/theme files in order to make it work, which I prefer to avoid.

Now I'll test further Advanced configurator for customized product Module by DM Concept, together with two other modules, all priced € 199,99:

Hi,

In the end what was the module you choose and fit your needs ?

Could you please add a link to your store to see  the result ?

Thank you

Hi Lazar,
I checked/tried several modules and none of them fulfilled my expectations:

• Product Configurator Pro by YoPixel - As I already said, it is compatible only with PS 1.7
  • Product options, bundles and customization Module by ndk - it didn't met my requirements *
  • Attribute Wizard Pro by Presto Changeo - It handles product attributes as expected but it's practically impossible to make dependencies between different attributes/attribute options. *
  • Advanced product configurator by steps Module by InnovaDeluxe - this one works to some extend but is not 100% compatible with TB. The support is very bad and it doesn't have all the functionality I needed. *
  • Advanced configurator for customized product Module by DM Concept - this one is not compatible with TB. It relies heavily on the Prestashop's routing (which is totally different in TB) and the developer asked for 1000+ EUR for custom development to make it compatible.

* A crucial feature for me is the possibility to create dependencies between attribute options - i.e. if the shirt is made of cotton it could me only black and blue, if it's made of linen, it could be white and yellow. In some modules it's possible to create only partial relation - attribute option to attribute but not option-to-option dependency. Using the previous example - if you chose t-shirt material then you can enable colors attribute, but not exact colors.

In the end... I migrated to OpenCart and I'm pretty satisfied with it. Yes, it's more bare-bone than TB but there are great modules for everything you might need. The modules there usually cost $20-$30 and nobody tells you that the platform you're using is a fork they don't support.

If you have any other questions, I'll try to answer them here or on PM.

Best Regards

I was on a long thread about (quoting musicmaster) "attributes that don't affect the stock, such a whether a piece of furniture is polished". In my case, belt strap lengths.  One per belt. Nothing depends on it.

I went for JBW's new paid module "Customization Directly to Cart" for PS or TB; contact details are on PS. The advantage over default customization options is that you don't have to press "save" at the bottom of the screen somewhere and then scroll-up to press "buy"; a product page witih 1,000 different types of polishing, or length of strap, can be made to look and act just like a page for attributes that are held in stock.