thirty bees forum

[Solved]In the htaccess, something is placed every time to redirect the alias. 404-page.

Peter

There is a problem with my website. In the htaccess, something is placed every time to redirect the alias at the cpanel. To a .jpg file. Therefore I get a 404 page every time. Our hoster knows it's because of the .htaccess but I can't restore a backup because with every backup he automatically makes the redirect. Do you have an idea how to solve this? It suddenly came this morning without me doing anything.

Thanks in advance.

Alias-fout.jpg

Edited by Peter

If you manually edit this in cPanel and it reappears your host is hacked. It may be other (let's say WP) site, not strictly speaking you TB one.

Mallware is accessing your TB site and is redirecting it to this jpg and your cPanel sipmly reads the .htaccess file. This does not mean your cPanel pass is compromised (same for FTP).

Run some antivirus scanner on your host. The company can assist in this. Manually going through all files is not possible. There somewhere is a injection script in some file which can even produce a cronjob so go check those too in cPanel.

I had WP infected by some pakistany devs few months back and the struggle was real for like 1 month I was unable to find the file and the hosting company simply installed some AV for me which found the main file.